Chapter 10 - 2x11

Kaitlyn P

Kaitlyn P.O.V.

"Now that you've got this back, what are you going to do with it?" Elena sighed, palming the moonstone in her hand as she turned towards Bonnie and me. 

Elena invited me early that morning to her house to talk logistics. She also mentioned that we should stick together, after the information that Elijah was still alive. 

"Right now it's what's binding the Sun and Moon curse," Bonnie explained, leaning her head on her hand. "If I can figure out a way to remove the spell from the stone, the stone becomes useless."

"And according to Katherine," I piped up. "Klaus becomes vengeful. Meaning you're going to die either way."

"Not helping," Bonnie side-eyed me, but I could see the twinkle of amusement in her eyes.

"Bonnie, can't this wait?" Elena decided to ignore my snarky comment. "Stefan is in the tomb with Katherine! We've gotta get him out."

"Stefan wants me to focus on this," Bonnie reminded her. 

"Well don't listen to him! He thinks he's protecting me, and he's wrong," Elena protested angrily. 

"Well, it doesn't help that you want to go killing yourself like you did yesterday," I commented. "I mean seriously, I go to school for one day without including myself into the drama, and I hear that you almost got handed over, Jeremy almost died trying to get the stone, and Stefan is now trapped in the tomb! Is it impossible for you guys to have one normal day?"

"This is our life, Kaitlyn. And if you can't handle it, then you should leave," Elena told me in her usual annoying voice. 

"You invited me here," I pointed out. 

"Yeah, only because Elijah's out for both of us. And we're stronger than ever together!" Elena said. 

"Well then wouldn't it be smarter for us to be separate, then it takes him longer to look for us? Besides, I only agreed to come because I needed to keep an eye on you. With my luck, you'll get us both sacrificed somehow."

"Okay," Bonnie broke in. "As I was saying, I'm taking Stefan's side on this one. I am not going to let you get used in this creepy sacrifice ritual."

"What are you guys arguing about?" we heard an undeveloped male voice say, and we turned to see Jeremy walk in. 

"We're not arguing about anything," Bonnie glared. "I'm going to get a coffee."

She left Elena and me alone, and the brunette immediately crossed her arms stubbornly and turned away from me. 

I just grabbed my bag from the floor and got up from the bed. 

"So, I know that you're fine with missing a handful of school days, but I'm not. So bye," I called and walked down the hall.