Chapter 16 - 2x18

1916 Flashback

1916 Flashback

I had lost count of the years over time. I was sure it had been decades, but time seemed to stretch endlessly when all you knew was pain.

It turns out that Angie was actually a worker here, and that she was undercover and spying on me. I guess I was a rare case in the world of the supernatural.

They only gave me one small glass of water each day, and since I didn't have much self-control, I downed it the second it was in my hands. Now, over the years, I had more self-discipline and would ration it throughout the day.

"Number 32942, get up!" a male voice barked, and my eyes blearily opened, accustomed to the number they called me.

I was slumped against the wall, the position I was in all day, every day.

"GET UP!" he repeated angrily.

I refused to move. My lips were sealed with a sticky dryness, and my body ached from every direction. The cell door was flung open as the male worker marched inside. He gripped my upper arm and hauled me to my feet, startling me out of my stupor.

I weakly punched his arm, and he laughed with dark mirth at my sorry attempt.

"And what are you supposed to be?" he asked, dragging me down the hall.

"That's what they're still trying to figure out," I croaked, my voice hoarse from the lack of use.

"All right, good luck number 32942," he said, sounding surprisingly sincere, before flinging me through the doorway.

"Please, I don't want to go there again," I wept, trying to run back towards the hallway. "I don't want them to hurt me anymore!"

He closed the door, and I screamed in anguish as arms dragged me to the hard bed. They strapped my arms and legs accordingly so that I was unable to move.

"Today we will be testing subject 32942's healing ability," the doctor in the room spoke into a recording device. "She seems to be able to heal cuts quite easily, but let's see what happens if we go a little deeper."

"No, no, NO!" I shrieked, trying to move away from the sharp device he was inching towards my stomach.

My screams echoed in the small room.

End of Flashback

"Wake up! Wake up!" a loud voice shook me from my nightmares, and I snapped to attention.

"You were thrashing around," Katherine breathed heavily, still struggling in her bonds.

It was morning now, and my friend looked like hell. Her usually immaculate curls were frazzled, and her makeup was running, giving me the indication that maybe she had been crying.