Chapter 32 - 3x14

Kaitlyn P

Kaitlyn P.O.V.

"What the hell did you two idiots do?" I heard Caroline's angry voice yell, and my eyes slowly open. 

"US? We didn't do anything!" Stefan shouted. 

"Yeah. She just started muttering something about Liam and then passed out!" Damon explained, and I could hear his pacing footsteps. 

"Why would she be talking about her brother?" the blonde asked. 

"Why the hell would we know? Whatever, I'm out of here," Stefan sighed. 

"Yeah, go run away like usual," Damon sneered angrily. 

"Guys?" I croaked, and all three heads snapped to me. 

"KAITLYN!" they all yelled in relief. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I just got hit by a truck.." I chuckled weakly. "How long was I out?"

"Just for a few hours," Caroline said, hugging me tightly. "What the heck happened to you?"

My eyes widened then, suddenly remembering the events from a few hours ago. With a start I shot right out of the bed I was laying in, the covers flying off of me in a heap. The others looked at each other in alarm, but I put my head in my hands.

 "Oh noooo," I moaned. "This is bad. This is really bad you guys!"

"What?!"

"Liam's alive," I whispered. "And he wants revenge for what I did to him. I'm guessing he's not so happy that I cut his wings off."

"Wait, WHAT!" Caroline yelled. "How is that snivelling little bastard still alive? I thought he bled out?"

"Augustine must have found him. A few days ago they sent me a photo of someone who was recovering in some lab of theirs," I explained sheepishly. "I didn't understand it until it was too late."

"Crap," Damon sat down on the bed next to me, a string of curse words escaping me. "We're gonna have to put you on lockdown."

"Excuse me?" I raised an eyebrow. "No, I will not sit back this time. I'm gonna give him everything I have. I'm more powerful now than he knows, and I'm going to use that to my advantage!"

"Absolutely not!" Caroline crossed her arms. "He's going to kill you Katie!"

"You guys really have that little faith in me?" I tried to hide my hurt. 

"I'm with Kaitlyn on this one. Let her fight her brother," Stefan shrugged nonchalantly. "It sure would make my week a whole lot more interesting. This whole torturing Klaus thing is starting to  bore me."

"Really helpful Stefan," Caroline gritted her teeth, then turned back to me. "Kaitlyn, why don't we think about this for a few days, okay? But for now, you are going back to your apartment and resting!"