Chapter 9 - 2x09

Kaitlyn P

Kaitlyn P.O.V.

Damon called early that morning, requesting that Elena and I come to the house to see someone. I, for one, wasn't very happy about being woken up at 6:30. It was my first day at school, and it didn't start until 8:00.

I arrived at the house at the same time as Elena, yet we didn't greet each other, due to the tension we will had from the past few days.

Damon opened the door and ushered us inside.

"Hey," Stefan greeted Elena as soon as we walked in. "Hey, Kaitlyn."

I barely nodded to him as I continued walking towards the room. I was nowhere near okay with him right now, and he needed to know that.

"What's this about?" I heard Elena ask, as I turned the corner and found out the answer for myself.

"Rose," I breathed out in surprise, seeing the tall woman with her scraggly short hair sitting on the couch.

She got up sheepishly and raised her hand to wave. When she saw Elena's expression from behind me though, she slowly lowered her hand, thinning her lips awkwardly.

"Okay, you have to understand. I only know what I've picked up over the years. And I don't know what's true and what's not true," Rose illustrated, clasping her hands and pacing next to the fireplace.

We had all taken a seat on the couches, craving to hear what this 500-year-old vampire had to say.

"That's the problem with all this vampire crap," she continued to say. "But I know Klaus is real."

"Klaus?" I repeated in interest. "Who's that?"

"He's one of the originals. He's a legend." Damon said brusquely.

"Like Elijah," Elena guessed.

"No," Rose cut in. "Elijah was the Easter Bunny compared to Klaus."

Maybe Klaus is the one Katherine was running from, I thought to myself. After all, from what I saw of Elijah, he didn't look capable of murdering a young girl's entire family. There was honor in him, and from all I knew, killing innocent people wasn't honorable.

"Klaus is known to be the oldest," Stefan explained for Rose.

"So Elijah and Klaus are the only Originals?" I asked curiously.

"That we know of," Rose answered curtly.

"Okay, so you're saying, that the eldest vampire in the history of time, is coming after me?" Elena clarified, and they nodded sympathetically.

"And Elijah wants Kaitlyn for some reason," Damon piped up, looking angry for my sake.

"Look, Elijah's dead, right? No one else even knows you exist," Stefan tried to reassure us, and I bit my lip indecisively.