Chapter 26 - 3x06

Kaitlyn P

Kaitlyn P.O.V.

"Katie, are you sure you want to do this?" Caroline asked as we were brushing our teeth the next morning. "You really want to go back to school? I mean, who chooses to do that."

"I'm sure," I laughed. "I want to be as normal as possible. Maybe it will even distract me from my existential life-threatening problem. There's nothing stopping me from going, poof! And then somehow exploding in blood and guts."

"You shouldn't joke about that," the blonde frowned. "We are going to find a solution."

"Caroline, we need to be prepared that I might not survive this."

"Over my dead body!"

"Um, you're already technically dead."

"You know what I meant!"

"Hey, you think you can compel all my teachers that I've been attending classes like a good little student all year?" I smiled hopefully, and Caroline rolled her eyes. 

"I've already done that silly! You are able to start Senior Year with the rest of us! By the way, I'm driving there with Elena and Bonnie..." Caroline sent me an apologetic look. "You can go with us."

"I'm good," I said immediately. "I'm not ready to talk to them yet. I still need to plan what I'm even going to say. Sorry I disappeared for months and came back looking like a psychotic maniac which turns out to be exactly what you thought I was? I don't think so."

"You're going alone?" Caroline asked carefully. 

"It looks like it," I sighed, right when my phone dinged. 

Rebekah: 

I've decided to go to your stupid school today. Wanna join?

"Actually, it looks like I do have a friend to go with," I smiled, and Caroline gave me a questioning glance. "It's Rebekah, and BEFORE you make that face, just know that she isn't as crazy evil as she seems."

"Just be careful," Caroline said. 

"Wow, no judging remarks?" I gasped dramatically. 

"You have the right to do whatever you want," Caroline shrugged. "And I can't stop you. Besides, I've decided to turn over a new leaf!"

"Yeah, that leaf is not lasting long," I giggled. 

"You're probably right..."

I went back on my phone and texted Rebekah back.

Me: 

Of course, I was already going. How did you get my number by the way?!?

Rebekah: 

I have my ways ;) I'm already outside. 

Me: 

I'm at Caroline's house right now.