Chapter 34 - 3x16

Klaus P

Klaus P.O.V. 

I couldn't shake the sinking feeling that something bad had happened to Kaitlyn. I had located her with one of my many witches, but was still confused why she was in a strange apartment right outside of town. I recognised it as Liam's apartment. I had been there before, when he was working with me. 

But that was months ago. I would never work with him again, especially after finding out that he had planned on killing Kaitlyn. I must say, I'm glad he's dead. 

I couldn't let anything happen to her. I wouldn't. She was too important. 

And even though she refused to admit it, I knew I meant something to her as well. I still couldn't believe the event that had taken place only a few nights ago. I could still smell the scent on her skin, the feeling of her body pressed against mine, her soft hair brushing my face as she slept peacefully next to me. 

Oh how I wished that would happen again. 

What the hell is wrong with you? I tried snapping myself out of it. I would not become this pathetic soft gooey person who's world revolved around a girl. I refused. 

And so I ceased thinking about her until I reached the apartment. I raised my leg and kicked the door open effortlessly, but froze at what I saw inside. 

A very familiar man was dragging the limp body of Kaitlyn across the floor, and currently on the phone with someone. I couldn't hear her heartbeat. 

"Yes yes, I have her right now. Relax, a deal's a deal, doctor. You can keep her for a week while I try to get the sword. Then we're done."

"What. Have. You. DONE!" I roared, an overwhelming rage taking over me as I rushed towards him, knocking the phone out of his hand and breaking it. 

I backed him into a wall, my hand around his throat, gripping so hard that he sputtered for air. I felt my veins protruding out from beneath my eyes, and my fangs were out in a snarl. 

"Tell me she's not dead," I whispered slowly while Liam attempted to get free. "Tell me, you DIDN'T KILL HER!"

I released my grip a little so that words could escape his mouth. Liam shoved me off in annoyance, walking back to Kaitlyn's unconscious body. 

"Well, I did kill her. And technically, she is dead," he said matter-of-factly. 

"You're dead," I growled, preparing to snap his neck. 

"Wait!" he yelled before I got too close. "She'll wake again."

"What the hell are you on about?"

"The sword is the only thing that can kill her," Liam rolled his eyes as if he were annoyed I didn't understand. "She's only temporarily dead. Happy?"

"No, I am not happy!" I barked. "I'm going to rip you apart limb by limb until you are a bloody pile writhing in pain. And then, only then, I will end your life with the sword."