Chapter 21 - 2x22

1956 Flashback

1956 Flashback

"Ladies and gentlemen, as it is almost midnight, I think it fitting that we toast the New Year with a glass of vampire blood, wouldn't you agree?" Dr. Whittmore's brother announced to the excited crowd.

He had just finished showing them the effects vampire blood had on wounds, and the people were enthralled. Apparently, from what I heard the doctors say, every year all the investors and donors would be invited so that they could see all the progress the experimental lab had made.

Today, they would be seeing me, the unsolvable case of the supernatural. Enzo was also usually brought up since he was one of the longest patients here, but this year the attention was supposed to be on me only.

I was being held by two guards behind some curtains, dressed in an extravagant dress that was way too tight. My hair was braided harshly, two strands falling towards my face while I was unable to brush them away

"Maybe after the party, you can join my chambers," one of the men whispered lowly in my ear, and I tried not to spit in his face. "I'll come up with some excuse for why you aren't in your cell."

"I would rather DIE than be touched by you!" I snarled, stomping down on his foot.

"Control yourself," the other guard whispered to his partner, restraining him from getting angry. "That's against protocol."

"And now we will be bringing in our greatest mystery yet!" I started listening to the doctor's voice again, and he motioned for the guards to bring me to the stage.

They forcibly maneuvered me to the center of everyone's attention, and the room fell silent as they ogled at me.

"She's just an ordinary girl."

"Not even an extraordinary one at that."

"What is she supposed to do?"

"We want a show!"

"Bring us something else!"

Voices overlapped one other and I cringed at the volume, trying not to get offended at the hurtful comments.

"Quiet!" ordered the doctor. "Now this one has been with us for 5 decades, and the following is all we have found out about her."

He went to speak, but before he could utter one word, the doors to the floor burst open, a group of weaponized men barging through.

"This is a SWAT team!" one of them yelled. "Everyone get out!"

The audience started screaming, covering their faces as they ran out through the doors. It seemed that they didn't want their identities to be found out since I didn't think this whole place was legal.