Chapter 15 - 2x17

Kaitlyn P

Kaitlyn P.O.V.

I woke up to a pounding on my door, and almost fell out of my tiny bed. Sometimes I wondered why I didn't buy a queen-sized bed. Probably cause I was broke. It was finally the weekend, and I was looking forward to having a leisure day full of relaxation. 

I dragged my feet across the cold floor and opened the door to see an indignant Matt standing at the doorstep. 

"Did you know?" he yelled, his body in an extremely angry stance. "Did you know that all my friends around me are some kind of freak!? A monster!?"

"So Caroline let you remember," I whispered under my breath. "That's a good start."

"Don't talk about Caroline to me," he hissed, marching in and slamming the door behind him. "I'm talking to you right now. Since no one else will tell me anything. You're one of my best friends remember? That should count for something."

"Matt please," I said calmly, trying not to increase his anger. "Sit down and I'll tell you anything you need to know."

But he just kept pacing around my room. "I mean, how could you keep this from me huh? How could you! All those times you cancelled our study sessions or were hanging out with your new friends, you LIED to me!"

"Matt, I know you're angry. Trust me, if I was in your position, I would be as well. But please just calm down and ask me anything!"

"What are you?" he asked abruptly, stopping his movement and glaring at me. "A bloodsucker? A mangy dog? A crazy witch?"

"I-I don't know," I stuttered, seeming to grasp how disgusted he was by the supernatural. "Matt, just because we're not human, doesn't mean we don't feel like you. We have feelings, emotions, human ones!"

"I don't even know who anyone is anymore," he whispered, his eyes wild as he tugged the roots of his short blonde hair. "I can't trust anyone, can't talk to them, I'm all alone in this Kaitlyn!"

"Look, I don't know if this gives you any reassurance, but I was in the same boat a couple of weeks ago. I didn't know what I was, I still don't actually. And I certainly didn't know there were supernaturals like me. Just give it time, and it will become your new normal."

"I don't want it to be normal!" he yelled, and I jumped at the sudden noise. "Why can't you understand that? Why can't you just, UGH!"

He let out a sound of frustration and heatedly stampeded to the desk, where he promptly slid all the objects on top off, a clattering noise filling the room. He picked up a textbook and threw it with full force at the wall.

"MATT!" I yelled, running to him and tugging his arm. "STOP!" 

He turned towards me in a blind rage, putting his hands on my shoulders in a vice grip and my legs quivered under the pressure. 

"I'm all alone in this," he repeated, his eyes bulging. "How am I supposed to live my life after this huh?"

"Caroline can make you forget," I choked. "If that's what you really want."