Chapter 42: How Do You Know?

(A/N: Alot of people really wanted me to update this the most, either kiking it to me, inboxing me, posting it on my wall, or just in the comments, I love you guys <3 I really want to give you all a name...hmm what could I call you guys that no one else will? So, of course, that you can all be special :D, list things in the comments...pleaaase!)

Chapter 42 :D

-----------------------------

Skyler's POV

*** A Few Days Later***

"So, you and your friend...Miss Adkins will be released today, I'm going to send you home with antibiotics, as well as for your friend, she will also need Tylenol considering...what has been going on, I figure you already know, correct?" The doctor looked at me while grabbing the clip board off of the wall, flipping through papers.

"Well, I mean, I don't know everything...is she okay?" That was my main concern, if she was safe and alright. All I wanted to know.

"Okay, let me explain, she was actually having Anencephaly. Do you know what that is?"

What did he just say? I didn't even understand what possible medical terms he was using, like come on, I'm not a doctor...

"I take the silence as a no, okay, well an Anencephaly is a type of neural tube defect. She would have lost the baby even if it was born in the nine months, the baby's brain wasn't going to develop right at all, it wouldn't go past the brainstem, but this is definitely a pregnancy loss, though she had told us about rape, and that you were there to, what happened?"

"Her..." I took a deep breath, the thoughts of everything was rushing back, almost giving me a head rush, but I snapped out of it, "her ex-boyfriend...had kidnapped us...a couple of weeks ago, I don't remember how many, but he raped her, he did...that was actually his baby, then my father..." I gulped, this is so hard to tell a person who doesn't know what you go through, so hard..."raped her too..." My voice was getting quieter.

"It's okay, I think that may have been it, his fluids entering the baby was not healthy at all, did your father abuse drugs or drink a lot of alcohol?"

"Yes, everyday at least." I nodded my head, he smoked about a pack a day as well as my mother, he always brought home pot. Some days we would get broke from him going to drug dealers so often...it was miserable.

"It all is adding up, well, I have gotten your friend, or at least he is the oldest, Mr. Tomlinson to sign the both of your girls out, you both are 18 of course, but I just wanted someone a little older to sign, but if there wasn't anyone, you two would've had to." The Doctor was taking more notes whilst still having this conversation.

"Okay, do I just....go to the front?" I wasn't sure of everything, when I got released last time, I had to get helped out of here, but since I'm kind of alone...well with this Doctor, I have no idea what to do.

"You can, Miss Adkins should be up there as well, she might seem a little loopy...or drunk, whatever way you've seen her, it seems as this medicine has cleared some of the pain. Make sure she takes it twice a day, more around morning and late afternoon, it'll help her."