Payback

Flashback:

The rest of the day went fine. I hopped on the bus after school and began the ride home. I texted Cody.

Hey Cody. I miss you a lot:( Love you<3

When we got to my stop, I got off and walked home. I turned the corner to find Cody on the ground, blood seeping out of him. I looked up to the guy standing next to him. He was holding a gun. It was him. The guy I had left...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I moved back around the corner, not wanting to be seen. I dialed 911 and they told me they were on their way. I looked back around the corner. Why had he done this to me? The guy I had kissed earlier in the day had shot my boyfriend. Jealousy? I looked around and found myself staring at a black SUV. I knew the car. It was Rex's car. He was back. They had teamed up to get payback. I felt stupid. I had created two un-neccessary enemies. I put myself in this position. 

"Dont move. Move and I shoot. Your sad your boyfriend was shot. Im sure you just want to drown yourself in tears. Cry me a river. I dont care. You ruined both of our lives." Rex said from behind me.

  I heard sirens. Thank god. "Put the gun down!" a police man ordered Rex. Rex dropped the gun and surrendered. They handcuffed him. They were too busy with Rex to see that Nick had started running.

"Hes running away!!" I yelled at one of the police men. He hopped in his car and chased after Nick. I ran up to Cody but was pulled back in an instant as they checked his breathing and put him on a stretcher. 

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked. You could hear the worry in my voice. "Yes. He's breathing fine." The ambulance pulled away. I stood there watching him leave hoping everything would be alright. I ran home after the police questioned me. I cried myself to sleep that night. I didnt care about homework. I didnt care about Rex and Nick. I cared about Cody. He was the one I really loved. I was so close to loosing him. So close.

Next morning*

I woke up with the sun shining brightly in my face. I got up slowly and headed to the bathroom. My eyes were puffy from crying last night. I got ready and longed for a reason to skip school. I got on my bus, plugged in my earphones, wanting to die and fall asleep before I got to school.

I got to school and walked to my locker. I grabbed my stuff and headed to Chemistry. I noticed Nick, sitting in my seat. We met eyes and the only thing I could do was run away. I ran to the bathroom. I went into a stall and just cried. Tiffany came in calling my name. I didnt answer. I couldnt answer. Once she left, I ran out of the school. I sat on the giant football field. I just layed there and calmed myself down. I heard someone sit next to me but I didn't look over to see who it was.   

"You know, it's not a good idea to run away from your problems." A deep voice said.  

I turned and saw a guy in my Chemistry class, Jake. He was an exchange student from Australia so he had that really hot accent. I had noticed him before but I didnt realize he was really cute.  

"If you knew what i have been through this week, I think you would agree that running away is the best idea for me right now." I replied.

"Would you like to talk about it?" He said, softly.  

And so I ranted. On and on about everything with Cody and Rex and Nick. Jake just sat there and listened. He nodded and wiped the few stray tears that had fallen down my cheeks throughout our conversation. We exchanged numbers and went to our second periods. It felt good to get it all out of my system. I walked into Art with my head held high. I sat down and ignored Nick. He managed to have almost every minute of the day with me. It was great when we were dating but now it just hurt. I finished the day and ignored everyone somehow. I got home and texted Cody.  

I hope your doing okay in the hospital. I love you Cody<3 143