My Surprise

Codys POV

The show started which meant the performances started. We watched Selena Gomez perform and then an award was given out. Then, Austin Mahone performed and another award was given out. It was almost my turn to perform so I kissed Hannah goodbye and walked backstage to get ready. I was sweating, my hands were soaking. My face was soaking as well. I wiped myself down with a washcloth. I got into my spot and heard the announcement: And now, performing Awake All Night is Cody Simpson. I walked out to the stage steps with my guitar and sat down. Lets hope this goes right. I started singing. 

1, 2, 3, 1, 2

It’s 2:15 in the morning, and I’m still thinking ‘bout you baby

I’m so frequently yawning, but I’m still thinking ‘bout you baby

Heaven up above did so well on every bit of you baby

I think that I’m in love with every single bit of you baby

I don’t know if I’ll fall asleep tonight

When you won’t, just won’t get off my mind

I stood up and walked to the middle of the stage where a girl with beautiful blue eyes was sitting. They had actually done it. They brought my angel up here for me. I was so happy that I almost forgot I was performing. I continued to sing.

Instead of counting sheep, I count the stars within your eyes

I wish that I could sleep, but those stars are way too bright

It’s all about you, with or without you, if it wasn’t I’d be fine

But the thing is, everything is, and I’ll be awake all night

I walked around Hannah, keeping eye contact her. I held her hand and stood her up. She followed me around the stage, smiling and laughing. She was so happy, which made me happy. I loved her. The best thing was I knew that she loved me back. And that right there is the best feeling in the world. I continued to sing to her, pretending she was the only one there.

It’s 4:15 in the morning, and it’s still the same old story baby

Staring at the roof for hours, but I really don’t find it boring baby

Paint my feelings on the ceiling, and it always turns to portraits of you

If my life's a box of chocolates, then fill it with assortments of you

'Cause I don’t know if I’ll fall asleep tonight

'Cause you won’t, just won’t get off my mind, yeah.

Instead of counting sheep, I count the stars within your eyes

I wish that I could sleep, but those stars are way too bright

It’s all about you, with or without you, if it wasn’t, I’d be fine

But the thing is, everything is, and I’ll be awake all night

I’ll be awake all night

I finished the song and smiled. I had done it. Now for the surprise I was waiting for all night.

“Hannah, the first day I met you was the day my life changed forever. When you are around, nothing else in this crazy world matters. I love you so much. And yes, I am saying this in front of the whole world. I love you Hannah.”

I got down on one knee and pulled out a ring box. Here goes nothing.

“Hannah, will you officially be my girlfriend?” 

Her hands went up to her face and wiped the tears off her cheek.

She said almost immediately, “Yes Cody, yes.”

I jumped up and put the ringer on her finger. She looked at it and smiled. She showed it to the camera, or to the world. I continued to give my speech.

“To all the tabloids, to all the paparazzi, I am now dating Hannah. Everything you think you know, you really don’t. You can try to publish things that aren’t true but you won’t get away with it. To my fans, all of you are my angels. Just because I am taken, doesn’t mean I have changed. I love all of you. Thank you for letting me do what I do best. To Hannah, I love you to the moon and back, forever and always. Goodnight everyone!”

I walked off stage with Hannah, proud and happy. I can’t believe I just did that in front of everyone. Hannah was crying which made me cry. We kissed and then hugged for a minute letting it all out. We went back to our seats, getting multiple “good jobs” and “congratulations” as we walked by people.

Hannahs POV

I am literally crying my eyes out right now. I can’t believe he asked me to be his girlfriend in front of all those people... for me. He just told the world that he loves me. I know that one day we’ll stand on a beach and say “I do” to each other. He is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.  

Yes, its crazy and yes I am crazy but we both love each other, even though were only 15. That got me thinking. Christmas is next week, then New Years Eve and then Cody’s 16th birthday. I smiled at how everything was going perfect.

“Hannah, what are you smiling about?” asked Cody.

“At how everything is perfect. I love you Cody,” I said, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

I was so happy at that moment. The best part was that I knew he was happy too. 

What has this boy done to me...