2

Alessia
We arrived at the Casanova's party house at the exact time we were supposed. You are never late or early in the mafia. Adrian emerged from a dark hallway across from me. "Adrian!" My papa smiles and throws his hands up in the air. "I'm just here for the girl, I'm not socializing." Adrian rolls his eyes at my papa. Papa readjusts himself, letting out a cough and pulling out a cigarette to smoke.

Adrian grabs my wrist, "We're leaving, these parties are a waste of time." Adrian demands, pulling me away farther and farther from the party. I have no courage to say anything to him. For all I know he could kill me if I say something wrong. Hell, he might do it if I look at him wrong.

My body fills with anxiety and fear, letting Adrian just pull me as he pleases. I hear a clamor of footsteps getting closer to us. "What's going on here?" I hear one voice. "Let her go!" It's Samuel and Christopher. I look into their eyes, sadness filling them to the brim, shaking my head, signaling them to back down. "Well if you must know, our awful fathers ordered us to marry. So now she's mine." Adrian explains, anger filling his voice. Must be he isn't so pleased either about this. Samuel and especially Christopher, getting closer to us, Christopher sneers at Adrian as he grabs my wrist, "She's coming with us." Cristopher demands. "I'm afraid I can't do that." Adrian replies, rolling his eyes yet again.

Christopher drops my wrist, "Whatever, take her, you win." Cristopher sighs, as him and Samuel walk away. "I'm sorry about them, it's, it's hard." I sigh, wiping a tear from my eye, trying to bulge out and slide down my cheek to freedom. "I don't know why your apologizing, it's not like you told them to come up to me and begin to challenge me." Adrian says, as he walks away.

I follow Adrian as he walks down the hall, "I'll show you to your room when we arrive at my house." He explains, coming to an exit, escorting me to a limousine. As we get settled into the limousine, I occasionally look over to Adrian, admiring his physical attributes. His dark hair, sharp cheekbones and jawline, narrow, deep blue eyes, perfect nose, and his lips. My eyes occasionally drift to his hands, that are large and veiny.

"Why us? Are we just our papas' pawns?" I ask, nervously breaking our strong silence. Adrian continues to look out the window, "I'm not, you are." Adrian answers, with no emotion. "Can you at least talk to me like I'm human? We are getting married in two months after all." I ask, my voice breaking occasionally. I stop the tears from betraying me and falling down my cheeks. "I do talk to you like your human, just I don't like you. And I don't have to." Adrian looks to me, glaring. I roll my eyes and look out the window, "I can say that neither of us want to be in this position. I never wanted to get married or even be in some relationship, they're wastes of time." Adrian finishes, his voice beginning to fill with rage.

"So why did we leave early? It's a party about us after all." I ask, not caring about him becoming enraged. "Like I said, they're a waste of time earlier, I don't even know why you are so dressed up." Adrian rolls his eyes, but letting his rage continue to grow.

Before I can say anything, we arrive at his house, "we're here." Adrian says. I follow Adrian from the limousine, walking inside the large mansion. Similar to mine, but larger.

Adrian shows me up a flight of stairs, showing me to an empty room. "Here's where you will live from now on." I walk into it, looking around, until I hear the door shut and lock. I turn around, I gasp, running to the door, banging on it, yelling. I eventually fall to the floor, falling asleep, giving up.

This is my new life, it's almost worse than my old one.