26

Alessia
It was about seven months later, we were getting ready for Manuel and Emilie's wedding. Adrian was Manuel's best man, and Emilie shockingly chose me to be her maid of honor. It was a pleasant surprise.

I hadn't miscarried so far in my pregnancy, and we decided to find out the gender at birth, whenever that is. We've had scares of me miscarrying constantly over the past seven months, but it was okay in the end because I'm still pregnant.

Adrian looks to me, "Ready?" He asks me. I nod. Emilie and Manuel had a rather large wedding, unlike Adrian and I, where we just went off by ourselves and got married.

We walk down the aisle, hearing whispers and murmurs.

"He knocked up a girl?"

"Dude that's his wife."

"Still, he even got married?"

For a moment I forgot that many people knew that Adrian and I were meant to get married, I think people were shocked we still got married after Adrian killed his papa.

We reach the altar and go our separate ways. After several other bridesmaids and groomsmen walk down the aisle, Emilie walks. She looks absolutely gorgeous. The type of dress she chose to stunning on her. I'm kinda jealous she looks that good and I'm extremely swollen, but it's her day, not mine.

I look to Adrian, and he looks zoned out on me. I smile slightly at him. He smiles back, then looks away.

Emilie and Manuel share their vows, and then to be tied with a kiss. We all applaud their new marriage. They walk down the aisle, with nothing but happiness and smiles written all across their faces. Adrian and I follow them, and then the other bridesmaids and groomsmen follow.

Sometimes arranged marriage isn't awful. Emilie and Manuel were from rival mafias, one of them being tied to ours, which was Manuel. Manuel is our cousin because their mafia is like a little sister mafia of ours, we're all similar blood. Except me, I'm just here cause I'm married to Adrian.

We were all sitting in the reception, it was a blast. The band had great music, and the food was pretty good. If it was my wedding, I would've chosen a better catering company or had my own family make it. Authentic Italian is the bomb.

I walk up the center of the room for my speech, "Well, this isn't your average arranged marriage. The arrangement for these two, worked out in the best way possible. Usually you resent the other so much. But when I first met them when they were first arranged to be married, they were nothing but smiles about it. I have reason to believe they have a history together," I laugh and wink at Emilie and Manuel, "But, congratulations you two. Let's give a round of applause to Emilie and Manuel!" I raise my glass with a smile.

Then I feel something running down my leg. I drop the microphone, and go to Adrian, "Something is wrong." I whisper. Adrian nods and we go to the bathroom. Adrian shuts and locks the door. He turns to me and lifts the dress up to reveal a stream of blood mixed with amniotic fluid running down my leg. "We need to get to the hospital right now." Adrian picks me up and takes me to our car. "What about your speech?" I ask Adrian. "My child is more important then a speech Alessia." Adrian grumbles.

We get to the car, "Where's the nearest hospital?" I ask. "About a hour away, but I can make it there in twenty minutes." Adrian responds. What he said sounds incredibly unrealistic, but it's Adrian. I wouldn't put it past him.