27

Adrian
We arrive at the hospital, "She needs help! Now!" I yell. Doctors come rushing in, "What's wrong?" They ask all at once. "She's seven months pregnant, and she had blood and amniotic fluid running down her leg. Take her and help her!" I yell, running my hands through my hair. They take Alessia from me, and set her in a wheel chair. I place a kiss on Alessia's forehead, "It'll be okay." I whisper. Alessia is half out of it and has little to no color in her. She felt extremely clammy as well.

I go sit in the waiting room for what feels like hours. I fall asleep and then wake up when some crack addict comes in high or if their friend overdosed.

Manuel and Emilie wake up, seeing their faces right in mine. "Hey, we got here a little bit ago, Alessia is awake." Manuel informs me. He helps me up and they lead me to Alessia's room.

The nurse in the room was just finishing up helping Alessia with whatever. "She's probably a little drowsy but she made it through." The nurse whispers as she exits the room. I walk over to Alessia, "Hey." I talk quietly, rubbing her foot. Alessia doesn't say anything, but points to the small box thing next to her. I walk up to it, to my surprise I see a small infant sleeping away.

I turn to Alessia, who has a growing smile on her face. "We did it." She whispers hoarsely. I smile, "We did it." I begin to let a few tears fall. I would never do this, but I guess children change you.

I sit next to Alessia, pulling her in close. "So what is it?" I ask her. "A girl clearly, she's wrapped in a pink blanket." Alessia rolls her eyes. "I don't know I've never seen a newborn in a hospital." I shrug, getting up.

I carefully pick up the small infant, "Hi." I whisper to the sleeping child. I sit back next to Alessia, we both sit and stare in awe at the child we've created together.

"It's so tiny." I whisper. "She's so tiny." Alessia corrects me.

Emilie and Manuel walk over closer to us to see the baby, "She's adorable." Emilie whispers. "We aren't getting one." Manuel groans. "Just wait, I'll stop using my birth control." Emilie teases. We all share a quick and small laugh.

Manuel looks at his phone, "Ugh, those teens are causing trouble again Emilie, they stole weaponry and money this time. Sorry Adrian, we got to get going. And congratulations to the both of you." Manuel explains. "You too man, and I get it. I had to release ours because I didn't intend on risking that." I reply, thanking him.

Emilie and Manuel wave goodbye as they exit the room, "She looks a lot like you Adrian." Alessia tells me. I tilt my head, looking closely at her, "She has your eyes from what I can tell though." I tell Alessia. We smile, cuddling up to each other, now with a third party member.

"She needs a name." Alessia sighs.

"Don't ask me." I defend.

"Well what Carmen Gabriella?" Alessia asks, I shrug. "I like Carmen, but what about we do Daniella or Laura?" I suggest. "I'm going to be honest, those suck." Alessia sneers.

I roll my eyes, "Well I'm not doing Carmen Gabriella then." I laugh. "Catalina Nicole?" Alessia suggests. "Carmen Nicole?" I revise her suggestion. Alessia smiles, "I can get on with that." She replies.

"Welcome to the work Carmen Nicole Casanova." We both say in unison to our sleeping daughter.