11

Alessia
I open my eyes, to the the familiar face of the lake, waves crashing against the shore, next to me, sat Miguel. "Where have you been? Didn't-Didn't you die Miguel?" I questioned him. Miguel turned his head, "What are you talking about? I never died Alessia." Miguel answers, raising a brow. I stand up, looking around. But suddenly I can't move. "Miguel what's happening?" I plead. "This is supposed to happen. Everything happens for a reason. Just wait there." Miguel assures me. I see a shadow emerge from the setting sun, it happens to be Slain. "Miguel! He's going to kill you!" I try to scream, but he doesn't flinch at my words. Miguel continues to walk closer to what seems to be Slain. Finally, a gun is pulled and aimed at Miguel. The gunshot goes of, leaving a ringing sound in my head. I scream at the scene, Slain was running away like a coward. Miguel laying in a pool of blood that continues to grow larger with every second that passes by. I finally can move, and I fall to Miguel. When I reach to stop the blood, nothing is there. "Get your shit together sis. You can't be like this forever." Miguel orders, standing behind me, but still bleeding. "M-Miguel, you're bleeding." I stutter, shocked at him standing above me. "Alessia, this is all a dream. I'm gone, and you need to accept that." Miguel speaks. Tears begin to fill my eyes, "I don't want you gone." I sob. "Nobody ever wants anybody they love gone. But sometimes everything happens for a reason." Miguel reassures me, "Now wake up." He finishes.

I wake up in a sweat, feeling tears move down my face. Adrian runs in, "What's wrong? You were just sleeping?" His face painted with worry. I begin to choke while trying to talk and struggling to breathe, "I don't know what I'm going to do anymore. I need Miguel, I needed to know he was safe and breathing, and he's no longer doing so anymore!" I cry out, falling into Adrian's comforting embrace.

Adrian calmly shushes me, rubbing his hand along the back of my head. "Do you want water?" Adrian asks sincerely. I lightly giggle some, "Do I want water?" I repeat. "I mean yeah, I don't know really how to do this." Adrian shrugs.

"But whatever, I made you giggle a little so I'll take it." Adrian smiles slightly. Honestly, I'd never seen him smile like that yet, and I had never expected him to smile that way. Adrian pulls me in closer, in a tighter embrace, "It's going to be hard, I saw how much Miguel meant to you. I knew you two were always inseparable. But during this long journey of grief, I'm here for you Alessia, and it'll be okay one day." Adrian quietly assures me.

I say nothing, but close my eyes and sink into his everlasting embrace. Maybe being with Adrian isn't so bad. I could get used to this stuff. I thought he was supposed to be some asshole, but, he isn't. He isn't a bad guy. He isn't a cold blooded killer. He isn't what they say he is. It proves how people's assumptions can change how anybody views a person. And it's slightly sad. But considering our life, this is a good reputation to have. You don't want to be considered soft, you want to be known as a killer and arrogant.

That's what everybody thinks Adrian is. But he's not. Today I've seen a new side to him, and I like this side of him.

"When I'm down, I like to go to my gym type of room, and I think you could use it." Adrian suggests, "Okay, let's try it." I attempt to smile, but I feel the frown forming and the tears trying to escape my eyes. "Don't cry, everything will be okay one day." Adrian says, as his eyes are filled with empathy, wiping away my tears.