21

Alessia
I stood at the altar, by myself. Adrian walked away, because he believed Mario over me. Mario walks up to me, "See, now we can be together, we just needed to make him a tad mad so he would simply walk away. And that's what he did." Mario smirks, as he comes in close to me, attempting to give me a kiss on the lips. I place my hand on his mouth, "Just leave me alone." I groan. Walking away, tears try to escape my eyes, but I don't let them.

I get in a car that I drove here in and drive back to the house. I apparently have a tendency to speed now when I'm upset. I arrive back at the house, I see Adrian's car which makes me hopeful. I run inside the house, nearly tripping over my dress.

"Adrian?" I yell.

I hear no response.

"Adrian!" I scream, and nothing. A maid runs downstairs, "Ms. Alessia, he's gone. He left about a half hour ago." She informs me. "Where did he go?" I ask, she shrugs, "He wouldn't say." Her face forms a slight frown, probably in pity for me.

I walk upstairs to change out of this dress. Now where would Adrian go? Where would he go if he's upset? Then my thoughts are interrupted, "Alessia dear, come here, don't fight the inevitable." It's fucking Mario again. "Leave Mario." I demand. "No." He doesn't listen, but gets closer to me. I'm next to Adrian's side of the bed, and I feel under the pillow.

I grab the small knife that he always hides under it, and put it against Mario's throat. "I said fucking leave, before I kill you." I growl.

Mario laughs, "You wouldn't kill me." He rolls his eyes, I take my knife and jab it into his thigh, and remove it. I exactly hit a vein in his leg so blood goes spraying everywhere. Mario freaks, "You fucking psycho cunt!" He screams like a little girl on Christmas morning.

"Get the fuck out!" I scream in his face. Finally he runs out and I walk out of the room, "Don't ever come back!" I scream again.

I walk back and finish getting changed. I look on my phone, still nothing from Adrian, even after I frantically texted him in the drive here. He must've shut his phone off.

I do remember when I was younger my dad would have Samuel take me to the shared gym for my mafia and Adrian's. Adrian would a lot of times be there. Maybe he'd be there.

•••
8 Years Ago

"Okay, Adrian might be here Alessia so steer clear of him. He gets pretty nasty when he's here. Adrian is usually mad when he's here so he's in his own room beating away at a bag. But you'll be in a different one with an instructor to learn basic self defense and fighting strategies." Samuel explains.

"Isn't Adrian always mad?" I ask. Samuel open the door to the gym for me, "Yes, but, here, he's at his worst. So just steer clear of him unless you want to get killed Alessia." Samuel says with annoyance filling his voice.

•••
Present Day

I walk inside the gym, it looks the same as it did eight years ago. I walk inside and everyone is locked away in their own room. That's the dead giveaway that Adrian is here.

I walk down the hall to the last room, I stand in front of the door, hesitant on opening it. Finally I rest my hand on the handle, not ready to see what lies on the other side. Then the door handle clicks, and I'm past the point of no return.