30

Adrian
"You really should get ready Adrian, you literally have her funeral and your son's, at the same time, and then you are able to ship yourself to wherever you intend on going." Emilie explains.

Throughout this entire situation, Emilie had been there a lot. She ended up walking away from even helping at all in the mafia so she could follow her passion to become a psychologist or whatever. But she helped a lot with the depression and anxiety. Let alone the night terrors. I still have those, watching Alessia die like that. No, watching the love of my life die like that.

Manuel helped with Carmen, it's easier with them having a daughter around the same age. I guess after all Emilie did quit her birth control. But they decided to just stop after Sophia. But I remember when Alessia was around they would always joke about both of them having one more baby, before Alessia actually got pregnant with another.

I guess I would've had a son. At the hospital they asked me to put a name on the birth and death certificate. The only name I truly thought of was Miguel. I didn't really know him, but Alessia being Alessia, would've named him after her brother. The one that wasn't insane. I never knew much about Samuel. Through the grape vine, I found out he ran away and stopped reporting shortly after the announcement of Alessia and I's marriage.

Reasonable. Ish.

I didn't even want to go to the funeral, I didn't want to be reminded once more that Alessia and Miguel were gone.

But Emilie is being all like, "You have to go! Blah, blah, blah." It's so annoying and it's pissing me off. I try to keep composure, mainly for Carmen. I don't want her worked up. Even though she's a very smart girl, she doesn't get what happened exactly. But I'm okay with that. I don't want her to fully understand what happened.

"Everyone! Car! Now!" Emilie yells through the house, stopping by my room, "That includes you Adrian." Emilie sighs, glaring at me since I've fought her so hard on going since it was mentioned she have a funeral.

I grumble and moan nonsense as I walk to the car. It's as if I'm a child fighting my father on going to warehouses with him to kill somebody.

But I didn't fight him on going, because if I did, next thing I know I would be the person being killed.

Nobody speaks the entire car ride, well at least the adults. Sophia and Carmen are having a blast. Which makes me smile slightly, at least my daughter isn't completely upset as I am.

I haven't left the house since her death. I need to. Other than going to the hospital.

Every time I go to the hospital, the cause gets much worse. I am beginning to resent the hospital. I feel as if nothing good comes from going.

Once we arrive at the grave yard where Alessia and Miguel's ceremony is being held. I sit in the car, looking at the grave where my wife and son were now buried under gloomy skies.

"Adrian," Emilie says, I lift my head up slightly, "You need to come outside." Emilie sighs. I walk out of the limousine, resenting every moment of this.