20

Adrian
I stood at the altar waiting on my bride. It had now been two months later, our wedding date arrive. This time with my father gone we planned it ourselves. Nobody except a few people from my own mafia showed up. We didn't intend on inviting any family. Except Alessia's mother and Mario, along with Manuel and Emilie, honestly we consider them family. Alessia's mother is very kind, I see where Alessia and Miguel got it from.

The miscarriage was tough on our relationship, even though we weren't ready, it took a toll on both of us mentally. But we moved on because that's what was best. And we don't need children in our life right now, it's chaotic as is.

The opening doors catch my attention, to see Future Mrs. Casanova walking down the aisle, to be handed off to me by her mother.

Alessia's gown was beautiful. I lost my breath for a moment as I got lost in her radiating beauty. She was smiling from ear to ear. Alessia walked up to her spot next to me at the altar.

I pull out my journal that I had been writing in for this very moment, "Alessia, when I first met you, I'll be honest I hated you. I hated the thought of being a tied down man. I didn't want to get married or have children or anything. I used to hate the thought of this lifestyle. It made me sick to my stomach," I sigh, wow, I suck at this, luckily I won't be getting married again, "But once the treacherous explosion happened at the hands of my father, I knew that I never letting you get near death again and I would do everything I could to keep you by my side. But once I knew how I felt and that I needed you, it was no longer the moment this was an arranged marriage. This wedding is for us. I love you so much Alessia, you'll never realize how much exactly." I smile at Alessia when I shut my journal.

"You know, at first I thought you were the biggest asshole to exist, I'll be true here. But over time, something just grew inside of me, and I figured out that you weren't the asshole everyone made you out to be. I mean maybe you are and just not to me but I'll take it. After I received the call from Mario telling me you were in another explosion at the hands of no other than your papa," Alessia wipes her tears, "I just knew I couldn't leave you again. I knew I needed you." Alessia begins to sob.

Finally she stops, "I can't ever be away from you again, I love you Adrian." Alessia smiles at me. "Before conjoining these two beautiful souls, does anyone object the marriage?" The priest calls out. Nobody stands, until the last minute.

"I do! Alessia I love you, and Adrian's father is gone, you don't have to do this. I know how you really feel." Mario cries out.

I furrow my brows, and anger fills inside of me, Mario is betraying me, "Run away with me Alessia!" Mario pleads. I look to Alessia, who looks extremely confused. "What's going on here?" I yell.

"It's nothing, Mario is trying to make a mess!" Alessia explains frantically. "She kissed me while you were in that coma Adrian! She doesn't love you! She loves me!" Mario yells. "Seriously Alessia?" I yell again. I'm outraged, I'm getting married to Alessia just to find out they kissed while I was in my most vulnerable state.

"It was seriously nothing! He made the move! I pushed him away and told him it would never work out and my feelings were too strong for you!" Alessia yells back.

"Don't let her lie to you Adrian! I had to push her away and remind her of you!" Mario yells. Alessia scoffs, and looks to me, "Adrian, it was him, I pushed him away.." I shake my head, "I can't do this today, not on our wedding day." I groan as I walk away from the altar. "Adrian please!" I hear Alessia sob as I walk away.

I drown out all the sounds and slam through the doors. I walk out to my car and drive back to my house, and unsure of what to do.