5

Alessia
It was the next day, I've heard nothing all day from Adrian or even Mario. Everything seems to be going by so fast, but so slow at the time. It could be worse, I could be at home. Oh no, Miguel, with me gone, he'll be the target of my papa's wrath. I hope he's doing well. Samuel and Cristopher, they're commonly favorited, so I'd assume they are fine. It's just that Miguel is so naive, it'll be such an awful awakening for him.

I lay in my bed, reading a book and listening to music through my earbuds. I look up to my doorframe to see a straight faced Adrian. Removing my earbuds and setting my book down, I confront him, "What's up? Is there you are a reason you are in my room?" I ask, slowly walking closer to him. Adrian looks down to me, taking in a deep breath, "I hate girls, I hate people. But I want to hate you, but just something," Adrian takes another deep breath, "Something about you, makes me unable to hate you." Adrian finishes.

I say nothing, my eyes continuing to look into his. "I want to be alone for the rest of my life. I don't want anybody. But I don't know if it's your delicate touch, your purity, or your kindness, no matter what happens. You seem to still always have a smile." Adrian says, resting his hand on my cheek. I rub my hand into the palm of his hand, "Then what are you saying?" I ask, my eyes growing wide. "I'm saying, maybe this won't be so bad after all." Adrian replies, keeping a straight face.

I keep a silence, Adrian pulls me in close, crashing his lips onto mine. But this time, I pull away, "I can't do this. I'm sorry, but, but I don't know. You've been so wishy washy since we met. It's confusing, you and I both need time to decide how we feel. Whether if we fall, then we do, we marry for love. But this is strictly business." I respond, avoiding eye contact.

"Well, we have a party to attend. Get ready." Adrian replies, walking away. Several maids walk in to help me dress for the occasion. They brought in a dress, it was like a ball gown, but a beautiful light blue with a sweet heart neckline. It was gorgeous. As the maids were putting the dress on me and doing my makeup I couldn't help but ask, "Why am I wearing such a large dress for a simple party?" I ask, a few maids giggle, "It's not a simple party, it's actually a ball." One maid answers, as she ties the back off my dress.

I wonder who will all be there, maybe my family or brothers will. I highly doubt it. But it'd be nice. It's barely been a day, and I already miss them. My mama, I barely knew her. So it's hard to miss either of my parents honestly. The only family I knew, were my brothers, specifically Samuel and Miguel. Cristopher, being the oldest, always went off and did his own thing. Never stayed too long around us because he had a tendency to get involved in the mafia.

Sometimes I just wish my life wasn't the way it was. I'd enjoy it so much more. "Ready Alessia?" Adrian asks from the doorway, leaning against the frame. I nod, struggling to get down off the podium I stood on. Adrian walks over, taking my hand and aiding me off of the podium. But once I reached the ground, our hands drifted apart, leaving an agonizing and empty space between the two.

We step into the limousine, which takes us to the ball.