12

Alessia
"Okay, working out wasn't awful. But it's not something I'll do everyday until I'm better." I explain. Adrian let's out a deep, resonating laugh, "You do you Alessia, but I'm still going to work out." Adrian responds. "I never said you had to stop." I chuckle.

I look down the hall, seeing a faded figure of Miguel. I stumble back, into Adrian. "What's wrong Alessia?" Adrians asks worryingly. I set myself straight, "Oh, nothing." I form a fake smile. Adrian raises a brow in suspicion, "Okay.."

Adrian walks upstairs to our room, I hear the shower turn on. I don't blame him, he worked up a sweat while I just sat on the bench in the corner, not knowing what to do with myself.

I walk to the kitchen, to see Mario at the island drinking a few glasses of what seems to be whiskey. I've picked up that whiskey is the drink of choice around Adrian's house. I look in the half empty fridge, "You know, since you've been around, you've changed Adrian." I hear Mario mumble from his now empty glass. I turn around, confused, "What do you mean? It seems to me that sometimes he's still the same arrogant asshole he's always been." I reply, taking the bottle of whiskey from Mario and an empty glass from a cabinet. Mario's fingers dance along the rim of his glass, "He's not as arrogant as he used to be though, that's the thing Alessia." Mario responds.

"I'm sure." I sarcastically reply. "I'm serious, he used to threaten us by putting our feet in cement blocks and drowning us if something went wrong. Or you know, rip a few fingernails off, but that wasn't even the worse he's done. But since that explosion, he hasn't been that way, he hasn't been that way since Slain tried to rape you." Mario explains, taking back the glass of whiskey and drinking straight from it. Slain's name being mentioned sends a never ending shiver down my spine, "He seems the same to me.." I mumble.

"But he's not. You barely know who he used to be. He was a killer, if you just looked at him wrong or fucked up, he'd kill you. Unless you were high ranked or close to him in his own mafia. If you were a rival mafia, it's the end of the line for you." Mario sighs. "What does he do now?" I ask, sitting next to Mario. Mario looks to me, "He only threatens to rip our nails off. Except if you fuck up bad, then you know, you're toast." Mario answers my question.

"I guess you're right to an extent, I mean when I first met him, he seemed more ignorant and stuff." Mario cuts me off, "Trust me, Adrian was much more than ignorant before he met you. There's a whole side to him, you barely know. And, you don't want to know this side." Mario finishes. I roll my eyes and stand up, "you've said it yourself, he's changed dramatically right. I'm not afraid to learn the dark side about a man." I begin to walk away, "Don't say I didn't warn you!" I hear Mario yell as I walk away, ignoring him.

I walk up the stairs, hearing a thud come from my room. I run faster, hoping Adrian wasn't hurt. I barge into our room, to see Adrian standing over an unconscious Christopher. My hands go to my mouth, "What have you done?" I yell at Adrian. "They're blaming me Alessia, and you know it's not my fault." Adrian pleads.