II

I drank my water through my straw like a kid. Zane decided to give me a straw with my drink and now both of my brothers are cooing at my supposed adorableness.

"Why are you boys Squealing like a bunch of school kids." Dad said as he came up the stairs. Lucian stood behind him with a cold stare.

"Look how cute she is!" Zane said and squished my cheeks.

"Stop harassing your sister." Dad rolled his eyes. "I need you boys to order new bedroom stuff for her. I'll take her shopping tomorrow."

"I'm going." Lucian said. He leaned against the railing with his arms crossed as he looked at me.

"Lucian." My dad looked at him with a warning look. Lucian never took his eyes off me though. He trapped my eyes in his putting me in a trance.

"Emily, would you like me to go with you?" He asked. I looked at my dad and brothers. They didn't seem to be to fond of Lucian asking me. But I felt comfortable with him close unlike the other men.

"Yes." I nodded. He smirked at my brothers.

"Whatever." Darius rolled his eyes.

"I'm only going to say this once. Don't lead her on than toss her aside!" My dad pointed his finger at Lucian.

"Wouldn't dream of it." He said.

I didn't really know what was happening but I just sat there and drank my water. Lucian chuckled at me and stepped closer. That caused my brothers to glare at him. He glared at them and moved around to stand in front of me. He reached down and placed a hand on my cheek. It was warm and I welcomed it.

"Lucian." Darius gave him a weird look and he nodded.

"You're right." He removed his hand and turned back to the railing. He leaned over it with his head in his hands.

Why'd he remove his hand? It was warm. I look at my brothers who shake their heads.

"Let's get you some real food." Dad said. I nodded and followed him to the bar downstairs. I noticed there was a handful of men who had pretty women on their laps or sitting next to them. They had jackets on too.

"Those are the mates." Zane said. I gave him a confused look. "They are married or together with the men." I nodded. I wonder if I could ever be a mate. "None of them are good enough for you." Zane said. I giggled as he glared at the men.

"No one is good enough for her." Darius pointed out. I pouted. I wanted to have some sort of life.

"W- what if I wanted t- to be with someone?" I asked them. Both boys looked to me with a hard stare. They did not like my comment.

"They have to be worthy enough." Zane said darkly. I know I just met these boys but I know they would protect me against anything if need be, and I felt comfortable with that fact.

"I got you a burger and some fries." Dad said as he stood next to me. He handed me a plate with a tall burger with fries on it.

"Thank you." I took the plate carefully. As I sat down at a table away from everyone a guy with a towel over his shoulder set a cup in front of me.

"Here ya go, darlin'." The man had a strong southern accent. I looked at the drink cautiously. "It's just some Coke." The man nodded.

"He means rootbeer. He calls all soda Coke." Zane rolled his eyes.

"T- thank you." I smiled softly at the man.

"Names Cowboy, and not just because of my accent." He winked before disappearing to the bar. I was not sure what he meant but I could tell it not an appropriate statement. My brothers flipped their middle finger out at his retreating back.

"Damn fucker can't keep a dirty joke from slipping out can he." Darius slammed his hand on the table making me jump a little.

"You're scaring her!" Dad glared at him.

"Sorry." Darius said.

"It's o- ok." I nodded.

After I finished eating my burger, very slowly since it was my first meal in two days, dad brought me to his office. He had something to talk about.

I sat down in a chair across from my dad. Both of my brothers sat on a couch behind me. Lucian joined us and stood next to the door.

"We need to know where you lived previously with Jolie." Dad said. I flinched slightly at her name.

"W- what are you g- going to do?" I asked.

"Make sure she does not hurt you again." Darius said. I nodded and gave him the address. He was very upset about how close I have been and he never noticed.

"I'm so sorry for not finding you sooner." Dad said sadly. My brothers agreed with him.

"I- I'm here now." I smiled to show it was ok. It was out of their control.

"You are right. And I've changed my mind about going out tomorrow. We will just shop online." My dad said

"Why?" I asked. Was he scared about my mom now?

"More options, and safer." Was all he said.

Suddenly a knock sounded at the door. It sounded rushed and urgent. "Boss!" A gruff voice said.

"Let him in." Dad said. Lucien sighed but unlocked the door for the man.

The man seemed to be in his early thirties. He entered the room with lots of confidence. He made me uncomfortable though. He kept staring at me with an odd look.

"Do you need something, Henry?" Dad asked the man. He didn't seem to like him.

"Yes, but first who is this beauty?" He asked. His creepy stare didn't leave from me. I tried to scoot my chair away from him but he seemed to lean closer.

"Do you want to get beat?" Dad asked Henry.

"What? She isn't claimed is she?" Henry asked. Lucian seemed to stand straighter with that comment. My brothers were on alert when he first stepped into the room.

"Back off Henry!" Darius said. His voice was threatening. Henry didn't want to listen.

"Henry, state your business!" Lucian said. Henry looked at Lucian and immediately backed off. He seemed scared of him.

"Right, a man is here to talk about some business." Henry said.

"Tell him I'll be out in a minute." Dad said. Henry nodded and left. On his way out he tried to keep far away from Lucian. I wonder why he's scared of him?

"Can I get rid of him?" Lucian asked.

"No. He hasn't caused any problems yet." Dad said.

"Fine."