IV

The boys showed me around the whole warehouse. There was even a bedroom that dad sometimes rested in. Lucian had an office here too. They said he had one back at the club as well but I haven't seen it yet.

Right now we were sitting in Lucian's office. It was different from dad's. It had a darker color scale. I could tell Lucian didn't have much of a decorating sense. There was barely any decor in the office.

"Geez man, ever thought about decorating?" Darius joked. Lucian just glared at him.

"It is pretty dark in here." I admitted shyly. Lucian looked at me than at the room.

"You can decorate it." He said. He kept his eyes on me.

"M- me?" I asked. He had just met me. How'd he know I was going to decorate it the way he wanted.

"Yes. However you want." Lucian said. Darius chuckled.

"I'm going to go check the storage. I'll be back." Darius got up and left the room. He shut the door behind him and left me and Lucian alone.

I looked away from Lucian. He made me nervous. I wasn't sure if it was his aura or because I've just met him.

My focus got drawn to a bookcase next to the desk. It had a few books in it but between the gaps there were a few objects. Many being knives, or picture frames.

I could tell Lucian was watching me intently. Watching my reaction to everything.

"Would you like to read a book?" He asked me. I looked back at the other bookshelves.

"C- can I just look?" I asked. Lucian nodded. He gestured to the bookshelves.

I stood up and walked to one on the other side of the desk. I ran my fingers over the spines recognizing some from school. I didn't get to read much so I didn't know very many authors. I noticed that most of them were older titles. I didn't mind though.

I pulled out one called Emma. It seemed interesting enough. Two of the books next to it were by an author named H.P. Lovecraft. I wasn't sure who he was but Lucian must like him.

"Who is H.P Lovecraft?" I asked. Lucian had a look on his face as if he was thinking. His eyes suddenly snapped to mine.

"He wrote horror stories." Was all he said. "Much like Stephen King." He said. I knew who Stephen King was. A girl at my old school had showed me a book by him.

"Oh." I picked up the Emma book. "Can I read this one?" I showed him the book.

"Sure." He shrugged.

I took the book and sat on a couch. It seemed comfortable enough. I've never really read before so I was ok with anything.

I read for about five chapters when I finally looked up. My eyes were a little sore but I quickly shook it off. When I looked towards Lucian I saw he had his knife in his hand. He was messing with it and it made me nervous.

"W- what are you d- doing?" I asked him. He looked up at me. His expression was neutral but his eyes had a little bit of fear in them. I wonder why?

"Does it scare you?" He asked. I looked at the knife in his hand and back to my own.

"I- it makes me n- nervous." I said. I heard a clink and immediately looked back up.

"Now it's gone." He shut a drawer and realized he must have put it away for me.

"H- have you cut yourself before?" I asked. I'd be worried if he did. What if he did it again?

"Yes. I did yesterday." He showed me the palm of his hand. I hadn't realized he had a big scar down the middle of it.

"Does it hurt?" I asked suddenly. Why did I care so much?

"No, it was a minor cut," He looked briefly at the book in my lap. "Come here." He gestured me over to him.

Slowly I stood up and walked to his desk. I waited to see what he wanted. But he didn't want me there, he wanted me next to him. He gave me a look and pointed to a spot next to him.

"Here." Lucian said. He seemed annoyed so I hurried over there so he wouldn't get mad.

"Sorry." I said.

"You've done nothing wrong." He raised a brow. "I want you to read to me." Lucian gestured to the book. I was surprised. Lucian wants me to read to him.

"R- really?" I managed. Mother never wanted anything like this. She always just wanted a drink or food from me.

"Yes, darling. Come here." He patted his knee. He didn't seem the type to want to be read too.

Nevertheless I sat on his knee, enjoying his presence. I like how warm he was. I was so used to being surrounded by not feeling safe. Lucian gives me a feeling that I can finally relax because I am safe.

"W- want me to start a- at the beginning?" I asked him. Lucian shook his head.

"No, start where you left off." He said.

I opened to the page I was at and began. I read a few chapters before Darius came back in. He wasn't happy at our position.

"I wasn't even gone long!" He threw his arms up.

"We're reading." I said. I was enjoying the book too.

"I see. But you're reading a little too close." He said.

"She's fine." Lucian said. His tone was dark and he seemed to pull me closer.

"Have you thought this through. She's seventeen. And you aren't stable." Darius said. I wonder what he meant by that. And what does my age have to do with anything? I guess he is a lot older than me.

"I've thought this through plenty." Lucian said.

"You met her four hours ago." Darius said. Darius was making good points, but I still didn't know why they were arguing.

"Where is Logan?" Lucian asked.

"Still in his office." Darius answered.

Lucian sighed and rested his chin on my shoulder.

I watched the looks Darius and him were sending each other. They looked like they were communicating telepathically.

"No." Darius shook his head. So they were talking telepathically. Or just really good at talking with expressions.

"Same goes for you, you just met her four hours ago. You can't control her." Lucian said. He was right. I should feel overwhelmed. I suddenly have a dad and two brothers and I'm acting like I've always had them. Four hours is too little of time to start feeling ok with this. Maybe I'm just desperate, or naive.

"What is going on?" Dad walked in the room with Zane.

"Are we leaving?" Darius asked. He didn't seem to want to stay on topic.

"Yes. We have to get home. Lucian will be staying with us." Dad said. I wonder where Lucian actually lives.

"I'll take Emily." Lucian said.

"Fine." Dad nodded.

"What!" Darius glared at Lucian before leaving. Zane sighed and followed him.

"Remember what I said." Dad pointed at Lucian. Lucian rolled his eyes but nodded.