XXV

Lucian

I've been locked in this damned cell for what felt like weeks. I know it's only been about a day but damn. It was wet and I'm pretty sure I saw some mold growing on my way down here.

They kept me chained up to the wall as if I could break out of their iron bars. I'm sure I'd find a way anyway.

I cussed myself out for not realizing that a large black truck was parked across the street from the club house. Now I'm who knows how far from my club and Emily. I knew between Hex and Logan's guys they would find me, but I should not have been here in the first place.

I pulled against my chains with as much strength I could muster. They were really stuck in the wall. This was frustrating.

"Seems like big bad Alpha is awake." A voice broke the silence. I couldn't see who it was but they were very small.

"Were you too scared to leave me unchained? Afraid I'd break out and slice your weak throat?" I taunted the man. I saw his body flinch slightly.

"Shut it!" He shouted. I chuckled at is attempt to seem stronger. "I couldn't get the girl so I figured I'd find you first. I'll find her poking her nose around here soon." The man said. That made me angry. Nobody was allowed to even think about Emily but me.

"You leave her alone!" I scowled.

"Oh I will, her mother however, she has different plans. Poor girl shouldn't have escaped." He shrugged his shoulders. "Well duty calls, see ya later." The man laughed than left. I watched his retreating form until it disappeared. I wondered how long these halls were. How long would it take me to find my way out.

I decided I would wait a little longer and listen before I tried to escape or anything. I sat back against the wall and listened for any noise.

I could only hear faint metal clanging and shallow screams. Probably other people they have taken for their own amusement.

If these fuckers think they can torture me for answers, they will be really disappointed. I've tortured myself for years. Nothing is worse than self pain.

I stared at the cuffs my wrists were chained in. They were solid iron and would be extremely hard to break with out a heavy tool. I'm sure did I banged them in the floor enough I could get somewhere, but that would involve harming my wrists which I will most certainly need.

I yanked on the hook keeping the chains in the wall. It was well cemented in but I knew that wasn't always full proof. If it was just in the wall I could eventually pull them out. Not that it would do me any good. I'd still be attached to the chains.

I shook my head from my thoughts. Eventually Logan would find me. Don't know how long until than but eventually. I wonder if Emily knows yet. I'd hope that they kept her dark for at least a little while.  I'd hate to know that she worried about me. She probably would get suspicious eventually though.

I looked down at my cut running my thumb over the newly added patch. I didn't think I would ever be a mate or even have a significant other. I barely trust Logan or the twins. Bruiser is the only man I've ever trusted with my life. Women? Never. I knew what Logan felt when Jolie decided to leave him for someone else, and apparently she didn't even stay with the guy. Emily wouldn't be here if she did.

I broke from my thoughts when I thought I heard footsteps getting closer. Instead the stopped halfway and turned around. I decided I might as well get rest, well as much as I can. I'm too alert to get any real sleep.

I laid on my back and kept my ears alert at I closed my eyes.
———

I don't know how long I was on the floor listening, but eventually the same man as before came back. This time he had a key ring with him.

"Hello again, Alpha." The man chuckled. "Let's go on a little field trip." He unlocked my cell and came in with a pair of cuff. Very thin cuffs.

He placed them on my wrists than took the chains off. "Come on now." He smirked. I could see his face now. It wasn't someone I recognized.

I followed him to a small room with a chair in the center. It was bolted to the floor and stained with fluids that didn't look healthy. The man gestured for me to sit as he entered a code into some wall. A door opened in the wall and a TV appeared. It showed footage from the club. I couldn't tell when until I saw five guys in all black run in. It was the ambush about a month ago.

"Why are you showing this? I was there?" I asked. What was his purpose.

"Because this wasn't us. These were guys Jolie had sent. That means she hasn't just got us." The man switched the footage. "The only reason I'm telling you this is because you can't tell anyone else." He pushed play and guys wearing the same as the other five were sitting in a bookstore. It looked familiar until I realized it was across from the diner. The same one we were at for Emily's birthday. Shit I'm murdering Cerberus and Rogue.

"This also isn't us. Now you know we aren't the only threat against your precious little princess. Emily will be found, either by me or whoever they are. I'm going to assume those guys aren't as nice as I am. They will toy with your little Emily, I'd be disappointed if I missed it." The man laughed and turned the TV off. "Now, tell me where she is before they find out." He demanded. I watched amusingly as he bent forward to seem more authoritative. He was much smaller than me.

"No." I shook my head. He was trying to convince me that he was the better option.

"Fine, you'll regret that." I heard a clang as he picked something up. When he came around to show me I smirked.

"Let the fun begin."