XVI

Lucian had brought up three men, Bruiser, Rage, and a man I have not seen before. Lucian introduced him as Hex. He was the computer guy. I was not sure what he was here to do, I'm assuming help search for the guys who know about me.

Zane was standing near the door. Lucian said he wanted no one else in here, so Zane took guard duty.

"I'm telling ya, that newly patched guy is acting all strange. Every time Tony takes a group for a run he tags along. Tony said he never stays in sight long enough to trust him." Bruiser stated. I lost interest in the conversation long ago. I just found it amusing every time bruiser repeated himself.

"I fucking know! He tells me every goddamn run!" Lucian slammed his hand on the table. Bruiser rolled his eyes at the action. If that was anyone else, Lucian would have hit him.

"I did a thorough check in that guy, he's clear. The only thing suspicious is he had no previous jobs before us. That isn't unusual for a twenty-year-old though." Hex threw in. Everyone had put in points about this guy, excepts Rage. He was taking it all in, processing. That seemed to be the way he thought.

"We'll set him aside. Hex got any news on the new prospects?" Bruiser asked. He was pacing around the room. It made me as anxious as he felt. I am sure he is worried about the club.

"All clear. Most are ex-military. Not that, that means anything." Hex mumbled the last part. What did he mean?

"Keep a close eye on them." Lucian said to Rage. Rage nodded. That was his job I guess.

All four men fell into silence as they thought. From this whole conversation I learned bruiser was indeed the smartest and wittiest thinker out of all of them. He brought up good points to counter Lucian's or Hex's, causing good arguments for both sides. Hex simply threw in a comment hear and there, and Lucian took into consideration everything being thrown at him.

"We need to think about Jolie in this equation too." Bruiser finally said. The sound of my mothers name made me flinch. I never wanted to think of her again, but I knew that was wishful thinking. Especially now.

Lucian took a quick glance at me. I had moved across the room on a couch. I did not want to be stuck in the middle of their conversation.

"She is of no threat at the moment. The threat is the rat and the people the rat are going to. If she is stupid enough to join those people, she'll have one angry mc and an even angrier mafia after her." Lucian said. He was right. I knew my dad would do everything in his power to rid me of my mother's memory. Lucian would do the same, even if I am putting his club in danger.

"Right." Bruiser nodded. His eyes landed on me as he continued to pace. He was thinking hard about something, but I did not know what.

"We can force him out." Rage suddenly said. It was the first time he said anything things whole time. It kind of surprised me.

"What do you mean?" Lucian asked.

"If he's working against us than work against him." Rage shrugged. "Start telling prospects or anyone acting strange fake details." He said. He made some good points.

"For the first time, Rage, I agree with you." Bruiser said. Rage gave him a hard glare that frightened me slightly. He is probably more scary than Lucian.

"Good idea. We'll start telling them about fake runs or fake news, if they do something about it, we know who it is." Lucian nodded. Hex began typing away on his computer.

"Already printing a list of the prospects names and newly patched in the last month." Hex said. Lucian nodded.

"You can all leave." Lucian said shooing the men out. All three men stood up and left. After they were out Zane locked the door and sat on the couch next to me.

"Dad has a meeting this morning, he's taking Darius with him. I have to go pick up Josie so she's not alone." Zane said. They did not seem to trust her just yet. I guess that is a good thing. What if she lied to me? She had a bruise, though.

"I have to finish some paperwork." Lucian said.

"I- I'll stay here." I said. Zane nodded.

As soon as Zane left the room, Lucian sat down with a sigh. I am sure this is just as frustrating for him as it is me. I am the one causing all these issues. I should have just ran far away, where no one would be bothered by my baggage or uselessness. Maybe my mother would have left me alone than.

"Darling, come here, please." Lucian said. It was more like a command. His voice hard unlike other times he has spoken to me.

Afraid of upsetting him I hurried to his desk. I mentally scolded myself for being frightened of being hurt again.

Lucian lightly tapped his thigh, gesturing for me to sit. I happily obliged. His warmth comforting me as I leaned into his chest.

"It's not your fault." Lucian said. Did he read my mind? No that is silly, humans cannot read minds. I giggled to myself mentally.

"I- it's is. I am t- the reason these p- people are c- coming here." I said. It was the truth.

"We already had a spy before you. They were coming eventually." Lucian messed with a strand of my hair. I had not had it cut since last year. Usually I cut it myself as I was not allowed pleasures such as a hair stylist.

I didn't say anything after Lucian said that. He was right, they were coming anyway, but now they had to worry about my mother. I was not too sure on why she wanted me back though. She always acted as if I was the worst thing to happen to her.

Lucian's warm breath hit my neck breaking me from my thoughts. His lips just barely skimmed my bare skin. This was a different sensation than the kissing. This left a strong tingly feeling through my body.

"W- what are y- you d- doing?" I asked. Lucian did not seem to hear me and instead stuck his tongue out where my collar bone met my neck.

His hand slowly messaged my thigh as he left delicate kisses up my neck. My hands went for his hair, the one thing I've been wanting to do.

I ran my fingers through his soft dark hair enjoying the way my fingers glide through it.

Eventually Lucian pulled away from my neck and placed a gentle kiss on my lips. His eyes were dark as he stared into mine. I'm sure I looked silly with pink cheeks and parted lips.

"Absolutely addicting, darling." Lucian said.