IX

After Hailey and I finished talking about the club and mafia business, dad and Kade came in.

Kade was a boy who looked to be mid twenties and had perfectly placed hair. He was tall but not as tall as my brothers.

When he came into the room he was holding a bag with scary things in it, including a needle. I hate those. I've never actually had a shot or anything but I'm still afraid of pain.

Dad reassured me it was ok and he wasn't going to use any of those. Kade said a DNA test just needed a swab of saliva from the cheek. That made me more relaxed.

After that whole thing was over Kade said he'd be back with it in a few days. Dad and I still sat in Hailey's office, however. Dad said he had other paperwork to fill out.

I just sat in the corner reading a book Hailey had found for me. I finished that Emma book awhile ago. Dad gave it to me from Lucian's office earlier in the week.

"I'll be right back." Dad suddenly said excusing himself to take a call. It seemed urgent by the way he left the room.

He didn't come back for five minutes and when he did, he wasn't very happy.

"Sorry, Hailey, we have to go. Zane has informed me that the new prospect squared up to Lucian." Dad said. I understood now why he was angry.

"Of course. My door is open when those results come back." Hailey waved us goodbye.

Dad rushed me to the car and we made it to the club in record time. I wasn't prepared for the crowd of people from both the club and mafia. Lucian was standing straight in front of a prospect who had a determined look.

"I am the Alpha, boy. Disrespect me one more time and I'll leave you on the streets." Lucian threatened the seemingly eighteen year old boy.

"Ok, at least I'm not old enough to be the princess's dad!" The prospect yelled back.

"Oh no." Dad sighed from beside me. What does that mean? Why did he refer to me as the princess?

"I'm not either." Lucian glared at him. The boy didn't back down though. "But if you don't back down you'll be screaming for your's." He said.

"Emily please go to my office." Dad pointed to a route I could use to get around the crowd. I decided to follow his order. This was going to be too violent for me. It's already uncomfortable enough just being in this room.

"Look there is the little princess now." I heard someone call. I didn't waste time in hurrying through the crowd as fast as possible.

"Yeah let's ask who she prefers." The prospect shouted.

"Don't you dare fucking touch her, I will personally tear your mark off and rip you to shreds." Lucian growled loudly through the room. His thundering voice echoing off the walls.

"Sorry, Alpha." A chorus of people apologized. It was strange to hear people refer to him as Alpha.

"Get your ass in the office." Lucian pointed to the back and glared at me. He didn't look too happy

I quickly followed his direction. If he was as angry with me as he sounded, I didn't want to be on the other end of that. I've dealt with enough uncontrolled anger in my life.

I locked the door when I got into dad's office immediately. I didn't know how these men think now that Lucian and the prospect were fighting. Plus if Lucian was angry I was a little worried about how much he could control it.

I sat for a few minutes before someone knocked on the office door. I waited for the person to confirm it was my dad before opening it.

"Did anyone touch you?"  Dad asked when he stepped into the room. I shook my head. Luckily that hadn't happened.

"W- will Lucian h- hurt me?" I asked. I didn't like angry people and Lucian was a very angry person. But I can't say I dislike him.

"No, he wouldn't. He just gets really angry sometimes. He can control it usually." Dad tried to assure me.

"Usually?" I asked confused. Shouldn't he be able to control it all the time.

"Another thing about Lucian is he had major anger issues. He wouldn't hurt you though, I can promise that." Dad said. It made me feel a little better. But I still wasn't too sure. Anger is a dangerous emotion, I've learned that at least. I just hoped Lucian didn't make a habit of combining his anger with alcohol.

"Lucian is behind us." Zane warned as he stepped into the office. Sure enough after Darius stepped in, Lucian followed.

"What happened to Jack?" Dad asked. Jack must be the Prospect.

"He's on a warning. He's lucky I didn't throw him back in the streets." Lucian ran his hand through his hair. He still looked pretty angry but it quickly changed when he saw me on the couch. "Did anyone touch you?" Lucian asked. I shook my head. I hoped he wouldn't shout at me again.

"You yelled at her, fucker." Darius said. He sat in a chair across from my dad's desk. Lucian glared at him.

"I- it's alright." I said. It did scare me but I didn't want to see Lucian angry again.

"I'm sorry, darling." Lucian apologized. Zane gave him an odd look but shook it off.

"Lucian I need to speak with you." Dad said. Lucian didn't seem to want to speak with dad but followed him to his own office anyway. While they were gone my brothers both turned to me with suspicious looks.

"W- what?" I asked.

"I heard Lucian slept in your room last night?" Zane asked. He seemed very annoyed by this.

"Y- ya." I nodded.

"We said no man here is good for you." Darius said next. I do remember them saying that but maybe Lucian doesn't even like me.

"L- Lucian doesn't like m- me like that." I said. He barely likes Darius and Zane. Why would he feel anything romantic towards the new girl?

"Lucian doesn't go around letting random people sit on their lap and read to him." Darius said. "If anyone else caught him while he was killing he wouldn't have stopped." He added.

I didn't have anything to say. It was true that Lucian was very much older than me and had just met me, but truly I was only trying to convince myself that I didn't feel even a little attraction towards Lucian.

My brothers continued to list off a bunch of things that I had already heard about Lucian.
———

Kade24

Kade
24