XVII

Here is Lucian's POV
———

It's been a few days since I held the meeting about our spy issue. Hex gave me the full list of new members and prospects including their backgrounds. So far each one has been clean. I'm afraid our little rat might be someone who has been here longer than a few months.

"Emily, can you please fill this out for school. It's just to check your level." Logan placed an iPad in front of Emily. She seemed confused until Darius showed her it was a touch screen like a phone. It pained me to see how little she knew about simple things.

Emily sat next to me on the island in the kitchen. Zane was making lunch while Josie helped him. She turned out to be a great cook. I still find it hard to trust her. With our current situation it was possible for her to have been an inside source.

"O- ok." Emily's adorable stutter cut through my thoughts. She finished whatever useless thing she had to fill out and gave it back to Logan. He nodded and continued what he was doing.

Emily turned to me and smiled. A natural glow seemed to be shining around her. It did not matter what her mother had put her through, Emily glowed. Every second I wanted nothing more than to grasp her in my arms. She chased whatever demons clouded my brain. Granted mine were no where near what Rage had. He probably had something else going on up there.

"Dad, c- can I go I- into town t- today. I don't w- want to be c- cooped up here." Emily asked.

She wanted to go into town? Where other males are. They might want to look at her, or ask her out. She's mine.

"I don't know Emily. There is still a huge threat out." Logan said.

"I'll take her." Darius said.

"I'll go to." I said. If anyone even dared to get three feet within her, I'll kill them.

"Fine. If she gets hurt you know what'll happen." Logan glared at Darius then me.

"T- thank you!" Emily smiled.

"Breakfast is done." Zane placed a plate of food in front of everyone than himself. He made bacon, eggs, and sausage.

Everyone quickly scarfed down their food, well except Emily. She always ate slow. Her stomach still wasn't used to big amounts of food.

As soon as I see Jolie, I'll make her feel what Emily did ten times worse.

"Ok, I- I'll go get c- changed!" Emily quickly hopped off her stool when she was done. I watched her as she bounced up the stairs to change.

"If you see anybody that is looking for her, kill them." Logan spoke low. He was afraid of Emily hearing. She was still innocent on how much blood we shed. I'd like to keep it that way.

When Emily came back downstairs she was wearing a skirt, that I knew she'd get cold in, and a sweater.

"Emily, it's forty degrees out." Zane reminded her.

"B- but the skirt i- is so cute!" Emily twirled which caused her skirt to twirl with her. She did indeed look adorable in it.

"You'll be freezing." Darius added.

"Fine." Emily huffed and went back up the stairs. Behind me Josie laughed quietly at her antics.

Emily came down a few minutes later in jeans. "T- this better?" She asked. Zane nodded.

"Ok have fun!" Dad said as Emily disappeared to put shoes on. Darius quickly followed her and I followed him.

We had decided to take my truck. Emily sat up front with me and Darius in the back. The whole ride into town I kept my hand in her thigh. She didn't seem to mind.

"Where are we going first?" Darius asked when we got out of the truck. Emily looked up and down the street. Shops lined each one, a few of them owned by Logan, or the club. A familiar tattoo shop caught my eye. One of my enforcer's owned it, Cerberus was his name. He got his road name because he acted like a hellhound. Always on target.

"W- what about t- there?" Emily pointed to a little boutique. The mates liked to go here. I really need to introduce Emily to them. One was a mate to my road captain, the other was to my other enforcer. They were the only two with mates.

"Sure." Darius led the way to the shop. Everything was bright. Immediately Emily was drawn to a corner of dresses. She ran her hand over a few of them before picking up a yellow one.

"C- can I try t- this on?" She asked. Darius called an attendant over to help us. Emily grabbed a few more before disappearing into a room.

She tried on about ten dresses before she decided on three. In my opinion she should have gotten all of them. She looked absolutely ethereal in all of them.

After the boutique we went into a small bakery. It smelled like a bakery should.

Emily excitedly ogled the baked goods inside the case. Cakes and breads were neatly placed. I had to say, I wouldn't mind a piece of their chocolate raspberry cake.

"D- Darius, do y- you think I c- could work here?" Emily asked her brother. That surprised me. I wasn't aware Emily had even wanted to work. She shouldn't need to.

"Why?" Darius asked. He had the same idea as me.

"B- because I need s- something to do." Emily said.

"We'll talk about it later." Darius said. Emily huffed but ordered something.

"A- are you getting a- anything?" Emily asked me. I looked down at her. Her eyes stared at me in question. I placed a gentle hand on her cheek causing her to blush. I loved that.

"I'm alright, darling." I smiled. Emily nodded and turned back around, reluctantly leaving my embrace.

Emily ordered whatever she was getting. It was like she was getting the whole damn case.
Darius said nothing about it, obviously not going to tell his little sister no.

After it was all payed for, Darius took the deserts back to the car and left Emily and I to ourselves. Unfortunately now I had to watch my surroundings as well and noticed the amount of stares she got from passing males. I wanted to rip their eyes out. That was not something I wanted Emily to experience though.

Instead I kept an arm around her waist, showing my dominance over those little boys. She was mine, and she will be my mate.