XV

Lucian just disappeared into church with half of the men. The other half sat in the club with drinks or women with very little clothes.

I remember Darius talking about mates at the bar and how some of the women there were mates. But I only remember seeing one or two, these women didn't look like mates.

"They are for men's entertainment." Zane said. I pulled a disgusted face. I know these women must do it because they want to but I just remember my mother always talking about men she spent her nights with.

When I first walked in I was taken back by how big it was. There was a bar on the far wall and couches and tables placed on the floor. There was a door that led to rooms for club members and another that led to church. Stairs next to the bar led up to Lucian's and Bruiser's offices.

Zane wouldn't let me leave the lounge area. The lounge area was just an area by the doors with a few tables and a couch. It wasn't near the bar so not many people were over here.

Zane ordered himself a coffee and me a lemonade, like a child. Though I won't drink coffee so I guess I couldn't fight it much.

"W- what do they t- talk about in t- there?" I asked Zane.

"Anything new. They talk about any new runs, new prospects, new hang arounds." Zane explained.

I nodded. I looked around and studied everyone. I noticed that everyone that had a vest also had the member patches. They also had patches above with names. They were not normal names though. Like nicknames.

"Z- zane, why d- does everyone have n- nicknames?" I asked. Zane chuckled.

"Protection and it's their identity. The only people that know their real names are Lucian and dad. The next person to know them would be their mates." Zane finished.

"B- but I know L- Lucian's." I said confused. Everyone else calls him Alpha.

"Your the only one allowed to call him that besides Darius, dad and I." He said.

"N- not even Josie?" I asked. Zane shook his head.

"Nope." Zane said. I wonder if she knew that?

"Oh." I stayed silent after that. I watched how everyone acted. Some men drank beer after beer, some were kissing women... I think. It looked like they were eating each other's faces.

I shook my head and picked up my lemonade. I just have to wait until Lucian gets out than maybe we can do something. Maybe I could see his office.

After I finished the lemonade I turned back to Zane. "C- could I see L- Lucian's office?" I asked.

"Wait until Lucian is done." Zane said. I sighed. Church could last forever. I wish I knew what they were talking about, but women were not allowed in church unless Lucian said so. And this time he said no.

I knew only about ten members were allowed in church. Only the ranked members could go in. If the regular members needed to know something than they would all pile in. This chapter only had about thirty members. If church was in all members had to be at the club. I think cowboy stayed at the bar though. Or maybe a prospect. I don't see him anywhere around here. Was he a member that went into church?

Zane broke me from my thoughts with a tap on my shoulder. "They are coming out." He pointed to the door.

I watched the men pile out of church. Lucian was last. He had a scowl in his face and many of the men stayed away from him. I noticed Rage and Bruiser looked the same. What happened?

"Uh, W- what happened?" I asked cautiously. Lucian tan a hand through his hair before sighing.

"Let's go to my office." He said. His voice was dark and his anger showed. Zane hesitantly got up. He squinted his eyes at him before deciding it was safe and allowing me to follow Lucian.

We followed Lucian up the set of stairs next to the bar. They led to a small hallway with a few doors. Lucian led us to the first one. He opened it and, to know surprise, it looked exactly like the other two I've seen.

"Sit." Lucian pointed to two chairs. I quickly went to follow his command. His anger seemed to be growing. What did they talk about that made him so mad? I hated seeing him angry. It made me nervous.

"Leave it." Zane grumbled. I wasn't sure what he was talking about until I saw Lucian reaching for a knife. Immediately I looked back down. I did not want to see that. "Tell us what the hell happened that made you so upset!" Zane demanded.

Lucian sighed and sat in his chair. He was slightly more relaxed but still looked ready to launch at anyone.

"There's a rat among us. Someone has been feeding information to an outside source about Emily." Lucian pulled his jaw tight. "Jolie knows." He gritted.

Immediately my heart dropped. My mother knows where I am, she knows where dad is, the boys. She will get some connections and take me away. I want to stay here, I hate what my mother made me go through growing up. Constant starving, abuse, freezing. I hated it all.

"P- please, don't l- let her find m- me." I begged. I pulled my knees into my chest and let a few tears slip. For the first time during my whole time with my dad, I was genuinely afraid, scared.

"Breathe, Emily." Zane tried to calm me. It was not working. I was having a panic attack, I knew that. I used to have them a lot.

"Emily, darling." Lucian's voice broke my panic. His arms picked me up into him. Him being so close calmed me slightly. I got control of my breathing but my mind and heart would not stop.

I leaned closer to Lucian, trying to get his warmth. Luckily it worked.

"Feel better, darling?" Lucian asked. I nodded. I felt much better, well kinda. I was still scared of my mother.

Lucian placed me back into my chair, much to my dismay. I forget he is not a very touchy person.

"I have to go get my VP before we talk about this. I'll be back." Lucian said before leaving. I watched him leave the room with anger still seeping from him. Anyone could feel the tension around him.