XXXVII

Lucian was sitting next to me at the bar. We were at the club. It's been a few weeks since they took Caleb. Everything was calm. Except everyone seemed to be looking at me with a wary look every time they saw me.

"Darling, wanna go for a drive?" Lucian asked. It was sudden and he's never asked me that before. Maybe because before I was at risk of being in danger.

"Sure." I nodded. Lucian stood up and waited for me to do the same. He nodded at cowboy who nodded back. Guys trying to communicate is more like gorilla's squaring up.

I waved quickly to my brothers and dad before Lucian practically dragged me out to his truck. He lifted me into the passenger seat before going around to his own side.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"For a drive." Is all Lucian answered with. I guess I wasn't going to find out until we got there.

Lucian drove all the way through town. Past the bad, past the boutique, past the tattoo shop, even past the turn to go to dad's house. He kept driving until he turned down a street with beautiful trees lining the sides of the rode. The houses weren't as big as dads or some of the other houses I've seen, but they were perfectly cute houses.

I was confused when Lucian pulled into the drive way of a gray, two story house. It didn't seem like anyone lived here.

"What are we doing? Does a member live here?" I asked him.

"Let's go inside." He completely ignored my question.

I sighed and waited for him to open my door. He helped me back out of the truck than led me to the front door. He pulled a key out of his pocket and unlocked the door.

The house was beautiful. The first thing I saw was a large living room furnished with a white plush couch and a wooden coffee table. A large tv mounted the wall above a fire place.

A doorway to the left of the fireplace led to a kitchen. I could tell the countertops were a polished black and gold design.

"What is this, luci?" I turned around to face him. He kept and arm around me but handed me the key he used to unlock the door.

"Our home." Lucian smiled. It was a genuine smile.

I stared at him for a moment, processing his words. "Y- you bought this, f- for us?" I asked. Lucian nodded. It wasn't long before I felt tears running down my face. I looked at the beautiful house Lucian bought for us. Someone I've never had before I met my dad. I've never had true happiness like I do right now.

Lucian wiped my tears worriedly. He kept silent but I knew a million things were running through his head.

"I love it!" I smiled. Lucian sighed and gave me a short kiss. When he pulled away I reached into my purse, which Vanessa insisted I started using, and grabbed the one thing I've been hiding. I've kept it in here for a week.

I handed it, with shaky hands, to Lucian. He looked at it curiously before his face went completely stoic. I kept my eyes on my hands as I waited for him to say something. I probably just ruined the moment.

"You... we... pregnant?" Lucian stammered out. That's the first time he hasn't been confident in his speech.

"Y- yes." I nodded. "I- Um, took six. A- all were p- positive." I said.

Lucian set the test on the table next to us. He gripped my hand and led me up the stairs to the second floor without saying anything. I was confused until he opened the door to an empty room. It was painted a neutral color and wasn't a bad size.

"This will be baby's room." He said. My eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"You a- aren't upset?" I asked.

"No." Lucian leaned down and nuzzled the top of my head. He left a small kiss before leaving a real kiss on my lips. "Fuck I'm so happy, darling." Lucian picked me up and twirled me.

"R- really!" I laughed.

"Yes." He set me down. "I love you."

"I love you too."
———

After Lucian and I enjoyed our house for a few more hours, which Lucian definitely made enjoyable, we went back to the club house. The girls were waiting for me at the door as soon as I opened it.

"What did you think?" Vanessa asked.

"I love it!" I expressed.

"We helped decorate!" Josie grinned.

"It was really pretty." I smiled.

"Did anything else happen?" Josie asked. I knew what she was hunting at. She was the only one that knows I'm pregnant. She made me take a test after I almost threw up from the smell of eggs.

"What else would have happened?" Hannah asked suspiciously.

"Mmm I don't know." Josie shrugged.

"Josephine!" Hannah hit her arm.

"I'll just tell everyone now." I said. Lucian must have heard me because he was suddenly directly behind me. He placed a hand on my waist.

"Listen!" Lucian yelled over the chatter. I was sure the whole club was here. I looked up at Lucian with uncertainty. I could tell he was excited. His eyes were bright.

"I- um..." I tried to speak. There were just too many people.

"What is it, Emily?" Dad asked.

"W- well... I- I'm pregnant." I said. I braced myself for someone to tell be it was a horrible idea. I am only eighteen after all.

"Really!" Hannah asked. I nodded.

"Oh my gosh!" Vanessa squealed.

"You... you're pregnant?" Zane stepped forward. Lucian pulled me closer to him. He was definitely going to be way more protective of me now.

"Y- yes." I nodded slowly.

"We are going to be an uncle?" Darius asked. I nodded again.

Both of their faces turned happy.

Dad didn't seem as happy. He stepped up to Lucian. He had no problem staring down the six eight, tattooed man.

"If you refuse to take responsibility of this kid at anytime, I will throw you out and make sure Emily never sees you again." Dad threatened.

"I will never abandon Emily in any situation." Lucian snarled back. I decided I should break this up before dad gets too upset.

"Why don't we go eat dinner." I suggested. Lucian nodded and gripped my hand. He pulled me to the kitchen followed by everyone else.

I smiled as I watched everyone conversing excitedly. My life was finally mine after eighteen years. There was no more being afraid.
———

This unfortunately the end. I hope you read the next chapter so you can find out about the next book and more!