XXXV

Emily

When everyone came back from the meeting, they were a little more happy than I expected. Lucian was grinning from ear to ear. I wasn't sure what happened but I knew they brought someone into the basement. I kept asking my brothers but they refused to tell me anything.

Now I laid in Lucian's room wide awake. It was ten but I was waiting for Lucian. I haven't seen him since he came back at three.

I knew he was doing things I'd rather not think about. It frightens me how attached I am to a man who likes to inflict pain as much as my abuser did. But I know Lucian would never hurt me.

I sat up when the door creaked open. Lucian stepped inside and quickly closed it behind him. I could tell his clothes were wet, even in the dark.

"Lucian?" I stepped off the bed to meet him. His eyes widened. He brought his hands up to stop me. I tilted my head in confusion, why was he pushing me away.

I watched as he darted for the bathroom as fast as he could. The lock clicked before I heard him sink to the floor behind the door.

"Lucian, what's wrong?" I knocked on the door. He didn't answer. "Open the door." I tried to turn the handle.

"No, let me clean up first." He answered gruffly.

"Please." I begged. I wanted to know what was so bad he didn't want to see me.

Slowly the door clicked open. I gasped when I saw him. His shirt wasn't just wet, it was covered in blood. His hands looked stained red. He took off his rings but I'm sure they would have been stained too.

"Go lay down, darling." Lucian instructed me. I shook my head.

"N- no, I want to help." I pushed my way into the bathroom and turned on the sink. Lucian watched me but kept his distance. I think he is afraid of scaring me. I gestured him over. "Let me help, Luci." I said. He reluctantly offered his bloodied hands to me. I took them and ran them under the water. The sink turned a dark red.

I tried to wash off as much of the blood as I could. It seemed to be literally stained on his hands. I sighed as I realized I couldn't remove anymore.

"Sorry, Darling." Lucian said softly. I almost didn't hear him.

"W- what did you do?" I asked. Lucian didn't say anything. "Lucian." I looked up at him through the mirror. He kept eye contact but kept still.

I turned around and turned the shower on. I moved to Lucian and helped him remove his shirt. My hands got sticky but I ignored it. If Lucian was my mate I needed to learn to deal with this.

After Lucian's shirt was off he removed the rest on his own. His eyes were sad as he gazed at my now bloodied hands.

I pushed him into the shower so the blood on his body washed off. After I made sure he was clean and no more blood was in the tub, I undressed and stepped in behind him. Lucian turned to me curious as I grabbed the body wash and lathered it on him.

Before I could actually wash him though, he stopped me. He grabbed the body wash from me and washed me instead. His hands not missing a single spot.

I tried to wash him again, this time he let me. I made sure all the blood was gone. After I was done I washed my own hair and Lucian his. Lucian turned the shower off when I was done. He wrapped me in a towel than grabbed one for himself.

He turned to me before he opened the door. "I love you, darling." Lucian said. I glanced up at him before answering.

"I love you too." I smiled. Lucian gave me a small smile back. He opened the door and led us into the bedroom. I picked out shorts and one of Lucian's shirts before jumping into bed. Lucian did the same.

When we were settled I turned to him. "Will you tell me what happened?" I asked.

"Tomorrow." Lucian said. He wrapped an arm around me and closed his eyes. I sighed. I knew he would tell me tomorrow, and I also knew who they had brought it. Not that I wanted to see her. I'm sure whatever the twins have done to her is enough.
——

I wake up the next morning to a cold bed. I'm assuming Lucian went to hold church.

I quickly changed before heading out to the bar. Cowboy was the only one out here.

"What's up princess." He greeted.

"Nothing much. Are they in church?" I asked. Cowboy nodded.

"Pretty serious stuff. Asked if I wanted to join them. The mates are in there as well." He informed me. I thanked him before heading towards the door. If Lucian let the other mates in there he would let me in, right?"

I opened the door and it got quiet. I noticed Vanessa and Hannah were indeed in here. Vanessa on Ghost's lap and Hannah next to Rogue.

Lucian gestured me in. I quietly shut the door and hurried to where he sat. He pulled me onto his lap before he continued speaking.

"Now that we took care of the source, we need to find out if her little friend is still floating around." Lucian said. Hex was typing away on his computer.

"He was last seen at the motel down the road." Hex said.

"I want the mates to lure him in." Lucian said. "They won't be alone. We'll sit VIP while the girls stay on the dance floor." He finished. I scrunched my eyebrows together. Even me?

"Why would you suggest that?" Ghost gave a glare to Lucian.

"The girls don't even have to leave our sides. As long as he shows up and thinks they are alone." Lucian explained. Vanessa and Hannah looked at me with confused looks. I gave them the same look back. I didn't know what was wrong with him either.

"Would you put Emily into danger like that?" Zane asked. He was upset at the suggestion too.

"She wouldn't be in danger." Lucian gripped my waist tighter. "I would still be there to protect her." Lucian said.

"What if you aren't." This time Darius asked.

"I will be. Just as Rogue and Ghost would." Lucian said. I knew if they could, the girls would speak up.

"You better bring more people. This man will not go down without a fight." Carbon said. Lucian nodded.

"Rage and Bruiser." Lucian said. Both men nodded. "Ghost and Rogue will be permitted as well but that's it. Anyone else want to go bring it up now."

"Me." Zane said as of it was clear.

"Fine." Lucian sighed. "That's it. Anymore and it's suspicious. Dismissed."

Everyone stood up to leave. Lucian led me to the bar.

"Are you going to tell me what happened?" I asked.

"After you eat." Lucian gestured cowboy over. I sighed and decided to ask later.