XIX

It has been a few unfortunate days since Emily got that text. She has not got a wink of sleep and refuses to talk about it.

Hex has been non stop searching for the people behind this. We've suspected two men for betraying us. Two prospects. We don't have enough on them yet, though I'd like to beat them both into the ground already.

"I need Rogue in here. Now!" I yelled into the loud crowd. The club was packed, but I need to get a team together for a run.

I nodded to Cowboy and head to my office. Rouge would find me.

My desk was a mess. For the past few days I've been going through every enemy we've had and any acquaintances of Emily. There was not many, except for the greasy men her mom hung around with.

One of the men was a nephew of the Russian mafia don. That one was a big one on my list.

Rogue basically busted into my office. "What is it, Alpha?" He asked. I gestured him to sit before continuing.

"I need you to organize a run. Not for guns or anything, just to go to the MC in the town over and let them know about the threat. Try to get them on our side." I said. Rogue nodded.

"No prospects right?" He asked. He knew of the rat.

"No, or any new members under a month." I said. Rogue nodded and stood up. "Also please clear out the club. Get ready for the run." I added.

"Sure." Rogue said before leaving. A few seconds later I heard Bruiser yelling at everyone to get out. It was like a herd of elephants moving.

I got up after I was sure they were out. I knew Logan had taken Emily and her brothers into his office. Josie was under careful watch at the house.

I knocked on the door first before entering. Logan looked up and nodded towards me.

"Everyone cleared out." I said. Logan raised a brow.

"I'm going to get a drink than." Zane jumped up and left. Darius quickly following him.

"Looking for some peace and quiet?" Logan chuckled.

"Sure." I shrugged. "Want something to eat?" I turned to Emily. She quickly nodded and followed me to the floor.

"C- cheeseburger please." Emily told Cowboy. He gave her a little wink before disappearing into the kitchen.

Emily sat on one of the barstools next to me. Of course I didn't like that, so I moved her to my lap. She gave no sign of discomfort so I happily kept her there.

"W- why does Cowboy always w- wink at me?" Emily asked. I noticed her stutter had gotten better.

"He's just being annoying." I said. Emily shook her head.

"Y- you're mean." She laughed.

"Well he is." I buried my nose into her sweet smelling hair.

Just as Cowboy was bringing out Emily's cheeseburger the entrance door flung open. I had expected Bruiser or someone I wouldn't murder for bursting in, instead I saw five men in black outfits. All we're holding large guns and immediately put me in high alert.

"Who the fuck are you?" Darius asked them. The men said nothing and kept their glare on Emily. My arms tightened around her. No way in hell would they touch her.

"Speak or I'm blowing your heads off." Logan said as he held a gun the same size as theirs. I knew we had them placed around the club, but damn did he find one quick.

One of the men ran towards me right into my fist. I'm sure he was attempting to attack Emily, but she was in my care. No one but me will touch her. Ever.

"W- what-" Emily started to speak before she cut herself off.

"Just give us the girl." One of the men said. He eyed the man I had just incapacitated.

"Over my dead body." Zane grunted as he stood up. He pulled a gun from his pocket and pointed it at them.

Before I could even blink it turned into a gun war. I jumped over the counter with Emily to get her out of the cross fire. I gestured to Cowboy to keep her out of sight before jumping into the fight.

I took the gun off the man I punched and pointed it at the first man I saw. He quickly reacted but wasn't fast enough. I shot his arm and watched him drop his gun. As fast as I could I ran to him with my knife drawn. I carved into his chest with a wide grin on my face. I loved this part of my job.

"Why don't you leave what is mine alone?" I asked him. My voice rose slightly at the end. "Oh how I missed carving into flesh." I chuckled as I stabbed in right the heart. I pulled out the knife and cleaned it on my sleeve. As I looked around I saw Logan and the boys had already killed everyone else.

"Fuck, Lucian." Zane swore. I sneered at him before dropping the knife and going to check on Emily.

"Darling?" I peeked over the counter. She was crouched on the floor crying. Cowboy stood close like I had asked.

I made my way around the counter to comfort her. The only violence she has ever seen was her mother's, and that wasn't something I'd like her to remember.

"T- the men, t- their d- dead." Emily said as in disbelief.

"Yes. They would have touched you otherwise." I tried to comfort her.

"B- but, y- you... I-" She couldn't seem to get the words out.

"Did you see me, darling?" I asked. She nodded slowly. "Shit. I was trying to protect you." I placed both hands on the side of her face. Emily flinched slightly.

"Let's just get her home." Logan said.

"Actually we should move into another house." Zane suggested. "They know where we live. Who says they aren't going to sneak in, again." He said reminding us of the men I had taken care of a week ago.

"Fine. I'll call Ethan." Logan started to turn, "But take Emily to the waterfront house." I nodded to me.

"I'll head to the house and gather things we need." Darius said. He could handle himself if he got in any trouble.

"Do you want to ride with me?" Zane asked Emily. She looked between Zane and me before nodding.

I glared at Zane before standing up and leaving. If she didn't want me there than fine, I'll leave.

I found my bike in the back of the garage connected to the club. I haven't rode it since before Emily showed up. Maybe I'd crash it again if I'm lucky.