XXX

😏
———

It was already thanksgiving. I was really excited for all the food everyone is talking about. There was much more than just a big turkey! Bruiser told me we will have potatoes and corn and even pie!

"Darling, you can help me get things ready if you want." Lucian suggested. We had been waiting in the bar area for anyone who needed help. The women of the club were cooking while the men were setting up the dining room. I guess there was a separate room for events.

"Ok!" I nodded. I followed Lucian into the dining where the men were. Well half of them. Some of the members had decided to spend thanksgiving with families. Ghost, Hex, Rogue, Bruiser, Rage, Carbon, Darius, and Cerberus were all in here.

"What's up, Alpha?" Cerberus asked when he noticed is. "Princess." He nodded politely.

"Making sure you all are doing what you're supposed to." Lucian said.

"Where's Zane?" I asked. I realized he wasn't in here.

"In the kitchen. Him and Cowboy decided to help the girls." Rogue said. I nodded. I'm glad Zane was doing what he likes.

"Have you ever had Turkey before?" Cerberus asked me. I shook my head.

"M- maybe when I was y- younger." I suddenly felt very nervous. I was worried that they would think I was weird because I was deprived of normal things.

"Well I promise it's the highlight of the meal!" Ghost smiled.

"You don't have anything to worry about, darling." Lucian reassured me again. I know that everything will turn out fine, but this was a big holiday. I've never had family meals or celebrations so I don't know how to act.
———

It was time for dinner and everyone was already sitting at the table. Lucian was at the head as usual and Bruiser to his right. I noticed Rage was to his left and there was no room for me.

"Here, darling." Lucian grabbed a chair from behind him and sat it next to him. The table was wide on the sides so there was enough room.

I sat down and waited for someone to do something. I wasn't sure how this worked.

"Ok, everyone is here, dig in." Dad said. It was like these men have never been fed before. They reached for any food in their grasps.

Hannah and Vanessa did the same as I did and waited. I'm sure they knew how this went down. After their mates were done the girls finally had a chance to get their own food. I waited until Lucian was done as well. Expect he already had my plate full.

"This is a lot of food, Luci." I said. Lucian shrugged.

"At leasf half, darling." He pointed at me with his fork.

I grabbed my fork and decided to try the turkey first. It was delicious. It was not too dry but not too wet. It was seasoned perfectly. All the other food was delicious too. I never want to have anything else!

After we finished with dinner I moved seats to sit between the girls. Well I should say I was forced. Hannah practically dragged me across the table.

We are currently eating the most delicious pie ever!

"So how's it going as a mate?" Vanessa asked suddenly. I wasn't really sure what she meant but I answered as best as possible.

"Um, good? It's only been a week and a half and One of us got kidnapped." I shrugged. Hannah bursted out in laughter.

"Same here girl! A month in and I was almost sold at a slave auction." Hannah confessed. I scrunched my eyebrows together. Should she be laughing about that.