XXVIII

I just wanna say thank you guys so so much for voting and reading my book. I honestly did not expect to get number 1 in so many categories, or any at all! This book started as a random idea that I decided to post. Thank you so much!
———

Emily

It was already the next day. Doc had come in last night to fix Lucian's bandages. Today he would do a complete check up.

It was nine and Lucian was still sleeping. I don't want to wake him but I've already had Bruiser and Zane come in to ask if he would hold a church today. I told them I would wake him.

I got up and changed into leggings and a sweatshirt. I wasn't planning on doing much today. I moved over to the bed where Lucian was to wake him. I placed a knee on the bed and placed a hand on his shoulder that wasn't hurt.

"Lucian, wake up." I shook him. He just groaned and ignored me. "Luci!" I shook him harder. He opened one eye than turned away.

"No." Lucian sighed.

"Everyone wants to do church." I finally said. He huffed but slowly got up anyway.

"Never getting a damn break around here." Lucian mumbled. I smiled and watched him reach for his cut, his old one.

"C- can I help with anything?" I asked.

"Can you go get Rage, darling." He said. He was clearly in no condition to walk on his own. I nodded and quickly left to find Rage.

I found him sitting at the bar. I was kind of nervous about trying to speak to him. The man was the largest here and could probably snap me like a twig.

"R- rage," I stuttered. The large man turned to me. His face showed concern. He probably thinks something is wrong with Lucian. "L- Lucian needs h- help walking." I said quickly. Rage was out of his seat and immediately followed me to Lucian's room.

When we got there Lucian was waiting on the edge of the bed. I could tell he already tried by himself.

"What do you need, Alpha?" Rage asked.

"I need to get to church." Lucian said. Rage nodded and went to help Lucian. He wrapped an arm around his shoulder and helped him stand.

I cringed as I watched Lucian attempt to walk. I never thought I'd see Lucian in so much pain. It actually felt like I was the one in pain. I've never had the chance to experience what it felt like to love and care for people through happiness and pain, this was still pretty new to me.

I followed the two into the lounge area of the clubhouse. Everyone was waiting for their Alpha.

"Church!" Lucian called. A quarter of the men got up and entered the church. I went to go sit next to cowboy but Bruiser stopped me.

"He'll want you in here." He said. I was a little surprised but nodded.

I followed the men into the meeting room. I noticed my brothers and dad were in there too. I'm sure this meeting was about to get interesting.

Lucian sat in his usual seat, I stood awkwardly behind him until he pulled me into his lap. I was afraid I was going to hurt him.

"It's my other leg, darling." Lucian read my expression. After he decided I was situated he began. "In case you haven't heard, Emily is my mate."

"Trust me, we've heard." Hex chuckled. Lucian shot him a look. Hex gave me a knowing look than turned back to whatever he was doing before.

"The men that got me were taken care of, however their leader escaped. He disappeared before Rogue even got there." Lucian said. The men around the table didn't like that. They all had angry expressions.

"Jolie is still missing too." Bruiser brought up.

"She probably will be." I mumbled.

"What does that mean?" Darius asked.

"She's pretty good at hiding." I confessed.

"Well not anymore." Lucian said. Hex nodded next to him. Did these men never rest.

"Before you do anything else, I need you in my office." Doc said. I hadn't noticed he was standing next to the door.

"Ya, I know." Lucian grumbled.

"Are you going to tell us what happened to you?" Zane asked. I felt Lucian tense. He definitely didn't want to talk about it.

"Later. I need to get properly bandaged first." Lucian said. Rage came around again to help Lucian. I moved away from Lucian and watched Rage help him. I followed along them as they walked.

Lucian's expression was the usual emotionless. I wonder what really happened in there. Would he tell me?

"L- Lucian?" I tugged on his hand. "Are you ok?" I asked him. He looked down at me quickly.

"I'm alright, darling." He said. I decided not to push to much.

Doc opened his door and led us into a sterile room. Rage helped Lucian sit on a bed than left, I sat on a chair. I probably didn't need to be in here, but I wanted to know what's wrong with Lucian.

"Ok, you do have to tell me what happened if I ask." Doc said. Lucian wasn't very happy about that but agreed anyway. "First I'm going to remove the bandages from your arms."

Doc began unwrapping the white gauze wrapped around Lucian's upper arm. He revealed large scars that interrupted the ink decorating his body.

I had to look away to avoid sobbing. Lucian looked like he had a run through with a chainsaw and lost.

"How the hell are you able to move freely?" Doc asked.

"I'm the president for a reason." Lucian said as if offended.

"You aren't invincible." Doc said.

I watched as Doc cleaned and rewrapped Lucian's wounds. Each one made more tears flow from my eyes. Each one reminded me of my own scars. Ones that I've hidden well with long sleeves and pants. Lucian is the only one who has seen the scars my mother left on my arms. A reminder that she will never leave me alone.

Eventually I made an excuse to leave. I was the reason Lucian had all those scars. If I hadn't come searching for my dad this wouldn't have happened.

I waited in Lucian's room. It felt like forever before Lucian finally came in. This time he had the help of crutches, he didn't seem too happy to have them.

I just sat on the bed and watched. He took off his cut and shirt and sat down next to me. "Darling?" Lucian placed a hand on my chin and moved my head to look at him. "I promise I'm ok." He tried to assure me.

"B- but you're not." I said.

"I wouldn't be talking to you if I wasn't." He said. That helped none.

"C- can you tell m- me What happened?" I asked. I wanted to know what they did.

"If you don't cry again. I might have to go hurt a fucker if you do." Lucian said as if it were normal.

"W- What?" I asked confused.

"You think we didn't hold a hostage for info?" Lucian chuckled. "I will tell you, you have to scoot over for me though." Lucian said. I quickly scoot over only for him to pull me between his legs. I leaned back into his chest as he rested his arms around my waist.

Just as I was about to ask him something, he interrupted me. "Be a good girl and don't interrupt me." Lucian stated. I quickly shut my mouth.

Lucian began with him being kidnapped.