XVIII

Back to our little Emily's POV
Remember ladies and gentlemen, Emily is still seventeen for another "month"
———

Going out to town was a nice break. I got to see my way around town and buy lots of sweets! Dad was not too happy on the amount of sugar that we brought back, but he said I deserved it.

"Emily, please." Zane gave me a look. I was upset that he would not let me eat my cake. Apparently I didn't need the sugar right now.

"Your j- just mean." I glared. I realized my stutter disappeared slightly when I fought or played with my brothers.

"It's nine o'clock at night!" Zane reminded me.

"So!" I countered. Zane rand his hand down his face and sighed.

I only looked away from Zane when my phone beeped. I had not gotten a text or anything since I got it so I was a little surprised.

Excitedly I pulled it out of my pocket only to throw it across the table. The message was from an unknown number but had the address of dad's house. The only thing that gave me a clue of who it was, was the "J" at the end of the text.

As soon as my phone landed next to Zane, he picked it up. He curiously read the text before doing the same thing I did.

"Fucking bitch!" He yelled before storming out of the room. I flinched at his volume. It wasn't too long before the other three men came into the room. All fuming.

"Where's your phone?" Dad asked. I pointed to the table. Dad picked up the device and glared at the message. These men really get riled up over a text.

"I'll call bruiser and Hex over." Lucian said. He stood behind me as he called someone.

"I have to call Ethan. He should know about another added threat." Dad said. I think Ethan was his right hand. I haven't really meant many people.

"Bruiser and Hex are on their way." Lucian said. He leaned down and placed a kiss on the top of my head. His affection in front of my brothers and father made me blush. They were still in the dark, as far as I know, about Lucian and I.

"I'd appreciate if you kept your relationship away from my eyes." Dad glared at us. Lucian only grunted in response.

"Does t- this mean my m- mother is working w- with those people?" I asked. I was proud of myself for getting that sentence out with very little stuttering.

"Most likely." Dad said. I looked at the floor. This was bad.

"Yo, what's up, alpha!" Bruiser shouted as he came into the room with Hex in tow. Lucian gave him a side glance as a warning.

"Jolie found Emily." Darius informed. Bruiser stopped in his tracks.

"Shit!" He ran a hand through his hair.

"Sent her a message with our address." Dad added. Hex sat down with his laptop. He grabbed the phone and connected it with a cord.

"The phone she sent it from was disabled." Hex said. Lucian did not like that answer and took a menacing step towards Hex.

"Can you find where the phone was?" Lucian asked. His voice was dark. Why was he so mad?

"Well, yes, but it will take hacking into the cellular towers." Hex warned. Lucian slammed his hand down in the table, causing me to jump.

"I don't fucking care! Find it." Lucian said. Hex sighed but turned back to his laptop.

"Alright, Alpha." He mocked. Lucian let a low rumble out from his chest.

"Emily, have you had any of your sweets yet?" Dad asked me. I don't know if he was trying to distract his mind or mine.

"No." I shook my head. "Z- Zane wouldn't let me." I huffed.

"Why don't you go eat some then." Dad gestured to the kitchen. I looked at it, contemplating on wether to go. I doubt anything will happen if I'm gone for five minutes.

I gave everyone a quick glance before I disappeared, watching them from the corner of my eye.

As soon as I saw a slice of strawberry cake, I forgot what I was thinking about. I grabbed a fork and opened up the container. Immediately I planted my fork in the cake. As soon as it reached my taste buds I was in heaven. I have never had any other cake besides flat vanilla cake from school lunches, this was way better:

"Keep making those noises, darling, and you may have a problem." Lucian said as he came into the kitchen. I blushed slightly as I watched his movements.

"W- where is everyone e- else?" I asked him.

Lucian pointed behind him. "Still looking for that goddamn phone." He shrugged.

I nodded and turned back to my cake. Before I could take another bite I was uprooted from my chair. Lucian sat down on the stool and sat me on his lap. His arms tightly wrapped around my waist.

"Give me a piece." Lucian demanded. I smiled as I brought a piece of cake to his lips. I watched as he gently took it into his mouth and wrapped his lips around the fork. He kept his eyes locked with mine as he retracted from the fork. I blushed before quickly looking away.

However, Lucian didn't like that. He dropped his hands to my thighs and squeezed each of them, not gently either.

I whipped my head around and glared at Lucian. He waisted no time in bringing me in for a kiss. I leaned into to it immediately.

Lucian smiled against my lips as he rubbed my thighs slowly. A new feeling erupted in me. It was tingly, but not like foot falling asleep, like I was waiting in anticipation for something.

"L- Lucian." I breathed as he finally pulled away. Lucian smiled. His lips capturing my throat next.

"I think you're my favorite flavor of cake, darling." Lucian said as he pulled away.

"I- I'm not cake." I laughed. Lucian only shook his head.

"Could've fooled me."