XIV

After we explained to Josie that dad ran a mafia and owned a bike club, which Lucian ran, we gave her an option to leave. When she decided to try and stay we were relieved. Mostly me, I hated seeing people in distress.

Lucian eventually left to take care of club business. So my brothers and I watched movies with Josie. She really seemed to like the comedies. Any of the movies we watched were new to me so I didn't mind what we watched. So we mostly watched what Josie wanted to watch.

After that we showed Josie a guest room she could take for now. I gave her some of my clothes, which were a little small for her, and we all went to bed. I fell asleep peacefully. Maybe because I had a chance to have my first friend since I was little. I was just hoping Josie actually liked me.

It was the next day and I had just woke up. I was staring at the ceiling waiting for something to happen. I didn't want to wake anyone else up so this was my only option.

Luckily a few minutes later, heavy footsteps sounded up the stairs. I had expected my brothers or dad but instead it was Lucian. He just opened my door without knocking.

"Y- you could have k- knocked." I said. Lucian shrugged and took off his boots. Was he going to sit in bed with me? I thought he wouldn't want to lay in my bed again. I thought maybe it was because he was just really angry the first time.

He didn't say much as he took of his jacket and climbed into the bed next to me. His arm went around my waist immediately and he looked ready to fall asleep.

"I j- just woke up." I said. Lucian didn't seem to care.

He rested his head next to my waist on the pillow and closed his eyes. Definitely going to just fall asleep at eight in the morning.

"D- did you have c- church?" I asked. He shook his head no. He kind of reminded me of a tired puppy, or maybe a toddler because he was always angry. I giggled to myself at the thought. Lucian as a toddler would be funny.

"Sleep, darling." Lucian tried to pull me down onto the pillow.

"I'm n- not tired." I said.

"Than Shh." He snuggled in deeper to my side. I guess this is fine. He was keeping me warm anyway. I always felt cold even if I knew the heat was on.

I wonder if Jose is awake. I hope she doesn't regret coming with me. I know she must feel regret for leaving her boyfriend. I felt regret for leaving my mother alone. She was in terrible condition and I felt as though it was my responsibility to make sure she survived. It took me a few days but I realized it wasn't my responsibility for any of it. She was mean and used me. I may still be naive but I don't think I'll fall for that again.

Lucian and I sat in silence for a bit. Or at least until someone knocked on my door. I could tell it was one of my brothers because of the funny knock. I giggled lightly and got up to open the door. Lucian grumbled something but I ignored him.

I opened the door revealing Zane. "Good morning." He smiled. He was in an unusually happy mood.

"G- good morning." I smiled back.

"I was just wondering if you could see if Josie is up. I don't want to bother her and she's comfortable around you." Zane said scratching his neck. I could tell he must like her at least a little bit.

"Sure." I said and opened the door wider. Zane followed me the few doors to Josie's room. I knocked softly hoping she'd think it's me.

"Yes?" She asked.

"It's j- just, Emily." I said. The door opened slowly to reveal Josie. She noticed Zane behind me and smiled softly. Did she like him too?

"Good morning." Zane greeted.

"Morning." Josie greeted back. I quietly made my
way back to my room and left Zane and Josie alone.

Lucian was still laying in my bed. His limbs were spread out, it was the most relaxed I've ever seen him. Though his face wasn't relaxed. It was still stressed. His eyebrows were scrunched in and his forehead had lines. What was he thinking about?

I shook it off as a dream and got back in bed. I never realized how much someone could stay in bed until now. I didn't have a serious reason to get up until dad comes and wakes me.

I laid down and tried to avoid Lucian's arms. It didn't really work though. Lucian wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. It surprised me.

But unfortunately, again we were disrupted by loud talking downstairs. It wasn't voices I recognized so I was a little confused. As soon as Lucian heard it he jumped up. He climbed out of the bed and threw his vest back on. Lucian didn't say anything as he left the room. Was he going downstairs?

I shook it off and hurriedly got up and dressed. I put on leggings and a sweater. It was pretty chilly and sweaters are my new favorite thing.

I made my way downstairs and was shocked by the two men standing in the living room. They were large men and wore vests like Lucian.

I noticed Lucian standing off to the side talking to one man that seemed to be the largest. He was about Lucian's height but his muscles were much larger. His biceps and forearms were probably larger than my head. The man also had tattoos all over his arms and neck, like Lucian.

Lucian noticed me watching them and said something quickly to the man. He nodded and they both made their way to me.

"Emily this is Rage. He's my sergeant at arms, makes sure everyone does what they are told." Lucian introduced. "Rage this is Emily."

Rage nodded. I could tell he was like Lucian in a lot of ways. He didn't talk much but there was a lot going on in his head.

"Don't be hogging the princess all to yourselves." A man a little shorter than Lucian said. He placed a friendly hand on Lucian's shoulder, who just glared at him.

"Bruiser, I'd appreciate it if you keep your hands off me." Lucian said.

"As your vice, I'd think you'd be a little nicer." The man chuckled. He must be Lucian's Vice President than. He was definitely different than the other two men. Bruiser liked to talk.

"Bruiser this is Emily. Emily, Bruiser, my VP." Lucian reluctantly introduced us.

"Nice to meet you, princess." Bruiser nodded. How many other people were close to Lucian here?

"I need everyone at the clubhouse. Call church." Lucian said. Bruiser and Rage nodded. Both headed for the door. After they were out Lucian turned to me. "I have to go. I'll be back in about an hour." Lucian said.

"C- can I go? I haven't s- seen the clubhouse y- yet." I asked. Lucian shook his head. "P- please." I begged. I really wanted to see it. It's the only thing I have yet to see. I think it's on the same road as the bar though.

"I'll go." Zane said. I looked behind me and saw him coming down the stairs with Josephine. She was still a little nervous around Lucian, but she seemed more comfortable with Zane around.

"Fine. I'll go let Logan know." Lucian said and disappeared.