XXIX

Lucian told me about the videos they showed him of me. They had people watching me from when I left the cabin until Lucian escaped. It scared me because how did I not know? Their were people video taping me!

Lucian and explained that he was beat horribly for not cooperating. Every time he pointed out a new scar I cried, who wouldn't cry seeing their significant other in pain.

"I better go call another church." Lucian stated. He grabbed his crutches and hoisted himself up. I tried to help but he refused to let me. I let it go and followed him into the room.

The same men as before were in there, I'm assuming they saw Lucian heading this way.

"How are you, Alpha?" Ghost asked Lucian.

"Just fine." Lucian grumbled.

"Well we would like to hear what happened." Bruiser raised a brow. He was very impatient.

"I'm sure you know what happened." Lucian said.

"We know the torture, we want details." Bruiser said.

"Fine." Lucian sat down in his chair and sat me on his lap once again. I think he's the clingy one in this relationship.

"They had this room they brought me in every few days with a tv. They would show footage of the club or clubhouse on the outside. Sometimes it would be of Emily or any of you, they tried to threaten me with it." Lucian said, "I never saw Jolie or anyone else recognizable, just the one or two guys. I knew one of them was the top guy . I believe his name was Henry. He had a man he used for dirty work, he just called him Jack but that wasn't his name."

Lucian was cut off by Hex, "Henry is the leader of a gang that sells contraband from other countries." He said. "Not sure what he wants with Emily." Hex concluded.

"Thanks for that." Bruiser nodded.

"Anyway, that's all that happened. I won't go into details about the torture right now." Lucian was tense about the topic, I wonder if there was more than he told me.

"I'll get more info on Henry and see if he's linked to Jolie in anyway, you two go rest." Hex nodded towards me. I was grateful for him. I think Lucian needed much more than the sleep he got last night.

Lucian grabbed his crutches and followed me back to our room. As soon as we got comfortable someone knocked.

"What?" Lucian snarled. He glared at the door as if he could see through it.

"Just wanted to ask if you still want to do a thanksgiving tomorrow, we've been forgetting about it." Darius asked through the door. I sat up. Thanksgiving? I forgot that it was even a holiday. I've never had a proper one.

"Yes!" I said. Darius responded with an ok before leaving. I was excited for this! I've tried many new things while living here and turkey was about to be one of them!

"Have you ever had Thanksgiving, darling?" Lucian asked. I turned to face him.

"No." I shook my head. "Jolie was never home and I never had money to buy food." I said.

I remember the first year I was old enough to understand the holiday. I was twelve at the time and still naive, unfortunately.

Jolie had just come home mad I was waiting to ask if we could buy just a little turkey for the holiday. I was hoping she'd be kind this once.

She slapped me and kept repeating that I was ungrateful for what I already had. I never asked about a holiday again. If anyone asked I always lied and said I spent it at my grandparents or something.

"You'll love it. Usually the Mates or women of the club make dinner while the Men set things up. It's always shared throughout the club and only members and some prospects are allowed. You won't have to cook though, darling." Lucian assured me. He placed a gentle hand on my hip. "I think that you do much better near me anyway." He smirked. I wasn't really sure what he meant but I was on with it, as long as I didn't have to cook and ruin everything.

"Do you think the guys like me?" I asked Lucian. I never got the chance to even talk to any of them one on one seriously, only while Lucian was gone.

"Of course, you my mate after all." Lucian said.

"It's just that the ball thing didn't really happen so I met them when things were messy." I said. I still felt horrible for causing so much trouble for the club.

"They don't care, darling." Lucian chuckled.

We sat in silence for a few minutes. I was lost in thought about the whole situation. I was still so confused on how I never saw anyone recording me, yet they were. Or how did they find me? It's only been a month? I really didn't know what to expect out of my mother anymore.

"What happened to your old cut?" I asked Lucian. I realized he lost it. He must be upset about it.

"They took it." Lucian practically growled. He was really upset.

"Oh." I said.

"That's ok, I like the old one more!" I tried to lift his mood.

"Thank you, darling. Now give me a kiss." Lucian leaned towards me. I laughed and leaned into him.

His lips touched mine and the fuzzy feeling erupted through my body. I'll never get tired of that.