XXXIII

Emily

"What are they talking about in there?" Josie asked me. Dad finally let her come to the clubhouse. The girls immediately clicked with her, we had our own little group now.

"I don't know. They don't tell us until they come out, or we don't find out at all." Hannah shrugged.

"I think they are talking about Jolie." I said.

"Yeah, probably." Hannah agreed.

"Why does only about ten men go in there?" Josie asked.

"They are the ones in charge. Others are just members. Sometimes my brothers and dad go in there, like now." I explained. Josie nodded.

"Hey, have you two done 'it' yet?" Vanessa asked with a wide grin. I still don't know wether to call her innocent or not.

"U- um, yes." I turned away. All three girls gasped.

"Really! When?" Josie practically screeched.

"C- Christmas." I said. Hannah slammed her hand on the table.

"Ha! You owe me!" She pointed to Vanessa. Vanessa sighed but pulled out a fifty.

"You bet on me?" I asked slightly offended.

"Yeah. I bet you would wait another week." Vanessa pouted.

"So how was he?" Hannah asked. They were definitely too curious.

"G- good." I blushed. The memories of the first night, and others, flashed through my mind. We've done a lot more than the first night.

"Just good? Come on, girl!" Vanessa huffed.

"Great! H- he is great, amazing even." I blushed darker.

"These men don't hold back when it comes to their primal desires." Hannah shook her head. Vanessa agreed with her. Josie was confused. "I'm sure by the way Zane looks at you, your day is coming." Hannah told her. Josie but her lip.

"I- uh don't think so." She shook her head. "I'm not ready for that again." Josie said.

"Oh, right. Sorry." Hannah rested her hand on Josie's.

"It's alright." Josie smiled.

"Finally!" Vanessa gestured to church. They were all filing out with grim looks. "Oh?" Vanessa watched her mate go straight for the bar and grab a drink.

Lucian was last out and made a b-line for his office. "I better go." I left the girls and headed upstairs. No one else was in their office except Hex.

I thought about knocking on Lucian's door before heading inside but knew he would ignore it anyway.

Lucian was sitting at his desk with his head down. What could be so bad that everyone was upset?

I shut the door behind me and stood next to Lucian's slumped form. Eventually he lifted his head to look at me. "What happened?" I asked.

"Jolie requested a meeting. At a location she chose and you would have to be there. She is bringing the Russian mob." Lucian said. He placed both hands on my hips and pulled me closer. My mother had wanted to trade me for an ally.

"I- isn't that d- dads business?" I asked Lucian. He nodded.

"Yeah. We wouldn't be allowed to go. The only way she wouldn't want to leave with you is if she was a member of the club again. No way in hell will that fucking happen." Lucian's grip tightened.

"W- why does she w- want in the c- club?" I started messing with the hairs on the base of Lucian's neck.

"Don't know." He grumbled. Lucian leaned his head on my chest while I played with his hair.

We stayed in silence for a moment before I blurted out a random question that I probably shouldn't have. "Lucian, what happened to your parents?" As soon as I finished the question I covered my mouth. "I- i mean if you w- want to tell me." I waited for him to say he wasn't ready. Instead he pulled me onto his lap and buried his head into my neck.

"Logan killed them." He said. My hands stopped moving.

"W- what?" Why would dad kill them?

"My parents both were narcissistic assholes who bought some things from your dad. They refused to pay him so one of his men recklessly shot him. They found me and brought me to Logan. I was seventeen. Two years later he made me prez of the club." Lucian finished his story. I knew that probably wasn't the whole thing, but I shrugged it off.

"And um, what happened with your motorcycle?" I asked. I remember dad saying he got in an accident awhile ago.

"I was recklessly driving." He said, "It was raining and I was going too fast." Lucian sighed and rested a hand on my leg.

We didn't say anything else. We sat in a comfortable silence just enjoying each other's presence. Lucian traced the top of my tattoo. He seemed to like it more than I thought he would.

"I love you." He murmured. He placed a small kiss on the base of my neck.

"I love you too." I smiled. Lucian leaned forward and rested his chin on my shoulder. He hummed softly as his hand glided across my thigh. I could only bite my lip to prevent any noises from escaping.

Just as Lucian brushed against my core, someone knocked on the door. "Lucian, you in there?" It was dad.

Lucian let out a sigh of annoyance. He stood me up than went to open the door. "What?" Lucian snarled.

"We need to talk about what just went down." Dad said glancing at me.

"Fine." Lucian gestured to a chair and sat back down with me on his lap.

Both men stared at each other for a moment before dad spoke up. "Jolie isn't going to back down. So either we shut her down now or go to this meeting. No way will Emily be apart of this, however." He looked at me. What if I wanted to do it, I had a choice too.

"If we shut her down now whatever allies she has will turn on us." Lucian said.

"Wait, what if I choose to do it." I spoke up.

"No!" Both men said at the same time. I crossed my arms.

"And why not?" I huffed.

"We aren't risking that." Lucian said. I pouted and turned away. These men need to calm down.