XX

Emily's POV

I didn't mean to make Lucian upset. He just frightened me.

"Are you alright, Emily?" Zane asked me. We made it to the new house about an hour ago. It was forty minutes away from town but it was beautiful. It was hidden in the trees so we had to abandon the car somewhere outside the woods. It was over a crystal lake. I wish we could stay here forever.

"Yes." I nodded. We were sitting in the living room area. Large windows gave us a beautiful view of the lake. I liked this house a lot. It only had four bedrooms though. So it definitely was not as big as dad's house.

"Do you want to talk about what happened?" Zane asked. He had been trying to get me to talk for awhile. I guess since five men just tried to kidnap me; And Lucian just literally ripped someone apart.

"No." I shook my head. I really didn't feel like I needed to talk. I felt fine. Maybe I was just in shock.

"You know that dad and Darius are going to ask the same thing." Zane said. I knew he was right.

"I know." I nodded. As if they heard us, Dad and Darius walked in. Both of them were carrying bags. They were probably filled with necessities.

"Emily, are you alright?" Dad asked as soon as he dropped the bags.

"Yeah." I nodded. I probably wasn't.

"Do you wanna ask anything?" Dad asked. I definitely had some questions to ask.

"Maybe." I shrugged.

"Emily, your stutter went away." Darius pointed out. I hadn't even noticed that.

"Oh. I do h- have some questions." And it's back.

"Like what?" Dad sat down next to me.

"W- why were those m- men at the club?" I asked. I knew they were looking for me, but they shouldn't have come into the club.

"I don't know. They must of thought they would be able to get past us." Dad shrugged.

"Are you scared of Lucian?" Zane asked. It was pretty random.

"No. I- I knew he killed. H- he just s- scared me." I had seen him kill someone already, just not like that. "D- do you know where h- he went?" I asked. He disappeared after the incident. I assumed he was upset.

"No. He should be here soon though. Than he should apologize." Darius folded his arms. I don't think he approved much for Lucian and I relationship.

"Ok. C- can I go rest?" I asked. All three boys nodded. I quickly stood up and headed in the direction of the room I chose. It was pretty simple. A king bed on one wall, a dresser the other. Zane refused to let me take a room with a full size bed.

As soon as my head hit the pillow I was out. My eyes shutting leaving me in complete darkness.
———

When I woke up it was from the sun. I hadn't realized I slept so long. It was already morning.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes before checking my surroundings. We were still in the cabin. My eyes caught someone sitting in the arm chair in the corner of the room. I scrambled the blankets up before I realized it was just Lucian.

"W- what are you d- doing?" I asked him.

"Watching." Was his answer. It was a little weird but it was Lucian.

"W- where did you go?" I asked another question.

"For a drive." He didn't want to speak much today. I didn't ask him any more questions. He probably didn't want to talk.

Instead I got up and decided to change for the day. A simple pair of jeans and long sleeve shirt should be fine.

I changed in the bathroom and brushed my teeth. When I came back out Lucian was waiting by the door. He stared at me before finally wrapping his arms around me.

"L- Lucian?" I was a little confused. He just acted like he didn't want to see me.

"Don't be scared of me." Lucian pleaded. His voice was begging. Did he think I was? Maybe because I didn't want to drive with him yesterday.

"I- I'm not." I tried to assure him. My stutter didn't help much.

"Please, darling." Lucian sounded hurt.

"I promise." I finally wrapped my arms around him. I praised myself for not stuttering.

Lucian seemed to believe me. His body relaxed into me. He grabbed my hips and hoisted me up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and giggled lightly. He was almost two feet taller than me and I felt like I was way higher off the ground than I was.

Lucian didn't say anything, he just pressed his nose into my neck. His breathe tickling my neck slightly. Why was he suddenly so touchy?

"Emily? Are you up yet?" Darius asked from my door. Lucian glared at the door like it was here to kill us.

"Yes." I answered.

"Can I come in?" Darius asked. I looked at Lucian who still glared.

"Yes." I said. Lucian grumbled something before sitting back in the armchair. He didn't let go of me though. He sat me in his leg just as Darius came in.

"How did you get in?" Darius asked the still brooding Lucian.

"The front door." Lucian answered. Good answer I guess.

"Why did no one hear you?" Darius glared slightly. He was clearly tired of Lucian's jokes.

"I'm an assassin. I'd be worried if you did." Lucian said. I didn't know Lucian was an assassin. Maybe because he was the president?

"Anyway, dad wants you downstairs. Wants to talk about Josie and other things." Darius informed.

"Ok." I nodded. Darius smiled and left.

"Let's not." Lucian said. He pressed me into him not allowing any movement.

"W- we have to." I tried to push myself off him. "L- Lucian." I laughed.

"Kiss first." Lucian demanded. I smiled and leaned forward to connect our lips.

Lucian smiled slightly into the kiss. His hands lowering onto my butt. My lips parted allowing him to deepen the kiss. I tilted my head into it enjoying Lucian's warmth.

Lucian finally broke the kiss and stared down at me. He was still tall even if he was sitting.

"N- now we have to go." I said. Lucian sighed before letting me off his lap.

"Fine." Lucian finally said and got up too.