X

It's been a few days since I found out about Lucian's anger issues. I learned that Darius had the same issue. Another thing was that out results come today. I find out if my dad was really my dad.

"Here, I made you some pancakes." Zane handed me a plate of perfectly made pancakes. Apparently he was a really good cook.

"T- thank you." I smiled.

"I've been meaning to ask, is your stutter from nervousness?" Zane asked. He leaned over the island awaiting my answer.

My stutter was a big insecurity. My mother always told me that no one would want to be my friend because I could never get a full sentence out properly.

"N- not entirely." I said. "I- I've had it s- since I was young." It was cute when I was young, not now.

"I think its pretty cute and I'm sure someone else thinks so too." Zane said the last part in a whisper. He nodded his head slightly to the doorway behind me that showed the living room. When I looked back I saw Lucian sitting in a chair watching us. His expression neutral and caused an unknown feeling to erupt inside me.

I quickly turned my head. Zane just let out a slight chuckle. He has come to terms with Lucian finding a liking in me. He chooses to tease me about it now. Darius is still really upset.

"Hey I just got the results." Dad came into room holding a large envelope. He slapped it onto the counter causing me to jump.

"Open it than." Zane said. He stood up straight and gestured something to Lucian.

"Where's Darius?" Dad asked. Zane pointed up signaling that he was in his room.

"Go get him." Dad said as if he should have already been up there.

"I'm going." Zane threw his hands up and left.

Dad turned to me. "Are you ready to find out?" He asked. I nodded. I was ready to find out if he was my real dad or my mom just kept old pictures of a random fling.

Lucian stepped into the room and leaned against the counter across from me. His eyes not leaving the envelope on the table.

"You could have just called me." Darius complained.

"Would you have answered?" Zane raised a brow. Darius glared and sat next to me.

"Ok now we are ready." Dad said. He picked up the envelope. I could tell even he was nervous. I was too even though we looked very similar. There was a part of me that was afraid it wasn't going to be the answer I wanted.

"Open it slowly for affect." Darius joked. Dad looked at him unimpressed but continued to open it.

He pulled out a small stack of papers and shifted through them until he found the results. Once he read it over he sighed from relief.

"One hundred percent." Dad said. It was like a large brick was taken off his chest.

"Fucking yes." Darius pumped his fist.

"Stop swearing!" Zane slapped Darius' arm.

"What? I'm happy." Darius smiled. That made me smile too. I was afraid it would come back that I wasn't his daughter and he'd throw me out, or Lucian wouldn't want to be my... friend.

"Now we can go see Hailey and get adoption papers and enroll you in school." Dad said. I had forgot about the school situation. I really didn't want to go to a new place with new people.

"I- I... don't r- really want to g- go to school." I fiddled with my sleeve to avoid any eye contact. They might be disappointed in me now.

"You don't need to go to an actual school. I'm sure we can get you into online courses." Dad assured me. I relaxed a little. That was stress that has been weighing on my shoulders for awhile.

"I'm going to go get changed real quick." Darius said and left. Zane did the same.

"I might as well go grab those other papers I needed. Do not leave this house yet." Dad pointed at Lucian. Lucian nodded stiffly and we watched dad disappear.

"How are you feeling?" Lucian asked suddenly. He hasn't talked much in the last few days so he rough voice scared me when he suddenly spoke.

"Oh, a- alright." I said. Lucian didn't say anything for a few moments. He just stood there and looked at the papers laying on the edge of the island.

"I'm sorry, Emily." He said. What was he apologizing for?

"F- for what?" I asked. Lucian sighed and took a few steps to lean against the island. His face was only a foot away from mine.

"I can't seem to control my anger, and you've seen a part of me I wish you never saw." Lucian said. To be honest I've come to terms with all that. If Lucian had anger issues and preferred the darker sins of life, there wasn't anything I could possibly do to stop him. I told my dad it was ok that he was the don of a mafia and founded an MC. I stayed and I have to accept everything that comes with this life.

"D- don't be sorry." I carefully placed my tiny hand on his giant one. He didn't move it away so I continued. "I- it is who y- you chose to be. I- I'm not here t- to tell you t- to stop." I said. It was probably the most I have said at one time while I've been here. Speaking was not something I like to do.

"I'm glad you found your way here." Lucian brought his hand up and rested it on my cheek. His thumb caressed my cheek bone lightly and caused a comfortable feeling to flutter inside me.

I closed my eyes enjoying the warmth Lucian's hand was providing. It was something new to me and I liked it.

When I opened my eyes again Lucian was only a few inches from my face. His eyes flicked from mine to my lips. All I had to do was lean up a little bit and my lips would be on his.

"Can I kiss you, Emily?" Lucian asked. It caught me by surprise that he wanted to kiss me.

"Y- yes." I stuttered. That time I knew it was from nervousness.

Lucian leaned in the last few inches and connected his lips to mine. Immediately I felt a tingly feeling spread through my body. Lucian seemed to like it as well because he tilted his head and deepened the kiss. I wasn't sure what to do so I allowed Lucian to lead me. It was the best I've felt my whole time here.

Eventually Lucian pulled back with a dark look in his eyes. I wasn't too sure if I was a good kisser since that was my first kiss but I hoped he liked it like I did.

"W- was it bad?" I asked. I caught myself fidgeting again from nervousness.

"Fuck, no." Lucian smirked. I guess he liked it than.