Chapter 32

Chapter 32

"Well... this just fucking sucks," I said, taking a bite out of my sandwich. 

We were camping.  But don't automatically assume that we were outside, people!  Because this morning, I woke to the sound of disappointment. Hearing drops of water against the material of the tent just ruined my day.  At least Luke was up before it started raining hard though; he managed to drag the cooler in the tent while it was still dry.

Looking at him from where he sat across from me on his zipped up sleeping bag, he only sighed.  Besides the now pouring rain and that we had nothing to do, I didn't mind that he was the only thing to look at.  He looked nice when he looked messy, bed hair and a lazy expression. 

His lips tilted up in a smile.  "Just because it's raining doesn't mean we still can't have fun exactly."  Taking a bite of his delicious and elegant breakfast - a soggy sandwich as well - he shifted lightly, stretching out his legs before him. 

"Yeah?  What do you suggest we do then?" I said, finishing off my sandwich.  I took a swig from the water bottle I had before he answered.

He thought it over for a minute and it was obvious he didn't know what we could do.  Everything relating camping was done outside.  As he thought though, I had my own idea that snapped into my head. 

"Oh, we could always go fishing," I said, smiling at him.  "I've never been fishing before."

Luke's eyebrows dipped slightly and he pursed his lips, looking confused.  "Uh... what?  Did you forget that it is raining, smart one?  He chuckled slightly.

I rolled my eyes.  "So the fuck what?  It beats sitting around, wasting our last day here."

He chuckled, his teeth showing in a nice laugh that made me smile too.  "Fishing?" He asked, still as if I was serious or not.  He thought it over, trying to find a reason why we couldn't.  "Well... alright then," he smiled, nodding at me.  "Be prepared to get wet though."

***

"Should I say it again today?" I said over the water shattering rain.  We were back out on the small lake in his boat.  And yes, if you hadn't guessed, we were soaked.  It was nice though, the feeling of cool water on what would have been such a hot day without it.  The smell in the air brought me to relax, that of surrounding pines from shore and of the rain falling all around us.  But just because the rain was giving this a positive element surprisingly, it didn't make what we were doing actually any better.

"Say what?" Luke asked from where he was sitting besides me in the boat, holding his pole steady as I was as well.  We had no bites wet or anything.  I had a feeling it would have been much more fun if we even had some type of fish action going on here. But no, the fish here were being stubborn bitches.

Looking at him through the slits of pouring rain, my heart jumped as it always did.  I thought he looked good this morning.  But compared... I mean, damn!  He was good looking dry.  When he was wet, clothes wet and hugging his muscular body, making his chest visible... I mean, talk about fucking hot as all hell.  His hair had thriving water droplets that were ready to drip off of every strand, just teasing and tempting.  His smooth skin had crystal points cascading down him, lit up by the small amount of light this day was willing to give.  He was so beautiful, especially being this close to me.  He did appear a bit conscious though or on edge.  Of what?  I wasn't sure.  He was just acting a little strange towards me today and, especially now as we were sitting out here, he didn't meet my eyes much.  It sucked too because his eyes would just complete the whole picture of him in my mind.  Maybe he was just a serious fisher.