Chapter 9

Chapter 9

It's been too many years since I have wet the bed to start up again at age 17. That was my first thought when I woke up in the damp bed. After a few seconds of my brain waking up, I realized why I was damp along with the bed I was laying in.

My breath was already going fast by the time I opened my eyes and when I did, they burned. Not because sunlight was sweeping through the window but because a stinging liquid was on my face. Which I knew to be sweat as it was slightly burning my eyes. But that burn was nothing in comparison to the fire the rest of my body was thriving in.

I looked down at myself and found that I was covered in my own sweat as well as the bed. But that wasn't what made me cringe in agony. It was that hollow feeling that was boiling throughout my body, the one in which made my head spin and stomach roll. It wasn't normal; as in, it wasn't a normal sick feeling. It felt somewhat unnatural. My mouth burned, my body felt like jello. It was worse than yesterday.

My body was burning from the strange pain running through me. But another burn, a stronger one, was slowly emerging and driving along my body. In the quiet air, I heard my breath pick up to the point in which I was gasping. I couldn't breathe! It felt like I was suffocating and I needed air, needed space. Sparks erupted over me and it wasn't a good feeling. No, not at all.

I noticed that my fingers were unconsciously grasping at the damp bed sheets from the building tension rising in me. Oh god, what was happening to me? Weed wouldn't cause this. I knew it wouldn't get this bad just from weed. What was doing this to me?

A moment later, another terrible sensation - among the many that were already in me - made itself present. That sensation was the one that made me sit straight up and swing my legs over the side of the bed. I forced my aching and somehow failing body up into a standing position and I didn't waste any time. I ran to the door and threw it open, running out of the suffocating space as fast as I could and move into the bathroom that was just down the hall.

The sensation wasn't one that told me I needed to throw up. No, I went into the bathroom for a different reason. Because that sensation that had flew over me was one that made me feel like I was fading.

Like I was going to pass out.

In the bathroom, I didn't waste any time. I needed something to cool me down, anything that would make this dreadful pain leave me. I turned the sink on and bent over so my sweaty and hot face was close to the cold running water. Breathing hard, I moved my hands in the sink, holding them together as I collected water in my hands and started splashing the satisfying water over me. When I did, the cool water rinsed some of the sweat off me but it wasn't enough. I did that a few times until my face was completely wet. After that, I just couldn't take the heat that was over me and I buried my head in the bottom of the sink, letting the water wash over my head and hair that was tied in a bun and as it did, I ran my wet cool hands to my chest and arms, spreading the water there.

Before it got to the point in which I would have went in the shower, I felt the heat that was building up in my nerves slowly decrease. That sickening feeling faded slightly. It was a little better and that's all I could be thankful for now. I stood up from where I drenched my head in the sink and took hard breaths again, trying to calm down.

I leaned against the counter, letting it take some of my weight. I let my eyes close, needing to find some peace, some way to calm down. But I wasn't really sure how to calm down when I had no idea what was happening to me. It was scary, theses weird feelings that were in me - and were still flaming. At least for now, those burning sensations settled slightly to the point in which I was just hurting. But don't get me wrong. 'Just hurting' was more than a sore body and sick tummy right now.