Chapter 27

Chapter 27

"We need to do your hair now. You can go to the shower for that. It'll be easier to clean and can be done more thoroughly. Can you do that on your own or do you want me to help you?"

I nodded, still very dazed. "I think I can do it."

He had the Jacuzzi drained before I knew it and he was standing. He looked down at where I was still sitting. Dripping wet as well, he bent down and wrapped an arm around my back softly. "Are you okay to move?"

I nodded again and when he stood back up, I forced my feet to work with him. It was really hard to do since my legs hurt worse than I thought. I groaned and bit my lip. He left my side when we stood and stepped out of the Jacuzzi, leaving me standing there on shaky legs. I got a chance to really look at him. His plain shirt was soaked and so was his pair of old looking shorts. They were more than wet though. As he stood there, the water that ran down his arms and legs were tinted slightly red; I knew I looked much worse. He stood there, not a glance offered to the dripping mess he was making, and he outstretched his hand towards me to help me out.

"Can you step out and walk?"

I nodded again but was really unsure, still unable to say much of anything after those words. I was able to stand but could feel my legs growing weak. When I tried stepping out, my legs shook violently and I nearly fell back into the huge tub. He was ready though and cautious; Luke was quick to lean forward and wrap his strong arm around me and hold me up, forcing my chest to his. His arm around my back, I felt his other go to my thighs. He helped drag me out of the Jacuzzi, all the while I was fully pressed against him. He was quick to move the few feet to the regular tub in this fancy bathroom. I felt bad he was doing so much for me over getting beaten, just to clean me up. But there was just so much blood.

He helped me sit down in the tub. "Your legs are too sore and still in shock from what happened. I'll do it. Just relax."

He started the warm water from where he was kneeling outside the tub. He pulled me up more until I was siting cross legged again, this time my back to the side that wasn't covered by the glass door. He started the shower and grabbed the shower head. It was long enough for when where I was, thankfully. Luke knelt behind me, outside of the tub on the tile. My back to him in the tub, this would be done much easier.

Before he did anything, he rested the spraying head - that's what she said - against the side to free his hands. Something touched my hair and I realized he was taking the band out. He let my hair fall from my bun a moment later. I tried reaching behind me to help but it resulted in a sharp pain running up my neck.

"Let me take care of it," he said. And he did. He washed my hair from where he knelt behind me. From the angle in which he was washing my hair, from outside of the tub, the water was getting all over the bathroom. But soon, I closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling; seeing as he didn't care, I didn't either.

My head was hit hard today and I was sore. But his fingers that were working in my hair felt so amazing and relaxing. He massaged my head and ran his hands through my long hair. Though my eyes were shut, I knew the water was now running red. It took awhile just rinsing my hair of it.

We were silent as he did this. I figured he was just rinsing my long hair out but I didn't object when he continued after. I felt the water stop and knew he set the hanging shower head aside for a moment. The next thing I heard was a small snap of a bottle and then felt his hands back in my hair with a cool cream. He was shampooing my hair - and I was more than happy to sit patiently as he did that. It felt so good, shivers running up my skin even though the water was so hot and causing the mirrors to steam. After he rinsed my hair out, he then repeated that process but with conditioner this time.