Chapter 14

Chapter 14

I woke to the smell of bacon.  Now, when I say that, it doesn't mean I woke up and smelled bacon.  No, for Albany Higgins, the smell of bacon is what actually wakes me up.  And there is no better way to wake up than that. 

Blinking, my vision became more clear as I woke, my eyes finding the wall and the window.  Yawning, I moved my arms out in front of me, stretching.  That was when I felt my tired eyes widen at realizing that I was stretching.  Yes... stretching.  Both of my arms.  I wasn't handcuffed to the headboard....

Well holy shit! Maybe it was best if I didn't wake up this morning, the scent of bacon present or not.  I didn't want to remember what was starting to come back into my head from last night and the reason I was no longer handcuffed.  Maybe the worst night of my life.  And possibly the most embarrassing from what happened after that....

I had been bound again to the headboard in handcuffs, my worst fear of no choice realized.

The pain, so overwhelming, so much, I was getting the chills just remembering, the need for drugs.

That extremely vivid and horrifying dream about Emily.

Then... oh good lord. 

I closed my eyes again, groaning.  What the hell was that last night?  I... I actually cried.  I don't cry and can't believe I really did and let it happen.  And while Luke was holding me!  My god.  I was becoming too soft.  Is it strange to say that I liked it in a way?  That didn't mean I  wasn't disgusted with myself about it though.

I couldn't keep ignoring the smell of delicious bacon with my thoughts of what occurred last night.  Damn the mind and eat the bacon!  Not to mention, the scent of the deliciousness seemed to cover up the slight pain that was still running over me, the burn still aching and telling me I needed some cocaine. 

My nose leading me to the source, I slowly rolled over to my other side on the bed, my vision no longer on the wall.  But now, I was looking at the man that was sitting in the same chair as he had for days before.  His feet up and resting on the side of my bed, he looked comfortable for such a hard chair he was in.  

Luke changed his clothes, I noticed.  He was supporting a red tee-shirt and instead of the blue jeans that showed off his nice ass, he was wearing a comfortable looking pair of tan baggy shorts.  It still didn't mean he didn't have a nice ass if I didn't see it.  Looking up to his face, I saw that he looked somewhat refreshed - which was strange since he has been up at some point all the nights I have been here.  I would have thought I would have worn him out even more by the time this morning came.  I guess not; but it looked as if he was able to get some sleep - which didn't make sense because since I wasn't handcuffed, it meant he was watching me this whole time. 

I managed to get a better look of him when my eyes focused on him.  On the skin under his eyes, which was smooth.  I saw he looked... really nice and cleaned up.  He shaved away the small and prickly hairs that had begun growing along his cheeks and chin, his brows framing his pretty green eyes perfectly and the emotions within them.  He smiled to me, his lips tilting up at seeing I was up, his eyes warm and kind yet still worried.  I also noticed something different about him.  His hair was darker, damp and combed back more. There were a few wet and straight locks hanging forward that helped frame his smooth face and strong jaw structure too. 

"Good morning," he said, his hand moving down towards his lap.  My eyes following his movement, I notice that I found the jackpot in his lap.  And I didn't mean the jackpot that I hated for pleasuring Clare when I knew she was too evil to probably return the favor.  No, something much better.  In his lap rested a paper plate of a couple pieces of bacon.  He grabbed one, raising it to his mouth and taking a bite with a crunch that made my stomach hurt.  I was so hungry.  I haven't been able to keep anything down in a while now and for the first time, bacon was what I was craving at the moment and not drugs.