Chapter 41

Chapter 41

I was in Clare and Luke's room. Standing there in the doorway, everything looked to be in the shadows. And when I say everything, I mean mainly just the bed. Because that was the only thing in the room. No dressers, no safe, no pictures or anything. Just the eerie room and their bed.

I was confused. What was this about? How...? I walked in the room, taking it all in. And the fact was, there wasn't much of anything else to take in. I felt a rush of cold come over me as I took in the grey walls and black bottomless floor. Everything had changed. So dark... especially the bed. It was black with black pillows. Yet, it was as if it was the brightest thing in the room; I couldn't keep my eyes off it. That was until another thing came into this strange existence.

Three chairs appeared near where I was standing and looking around. Right in a row, they were lined up in the middle of the room and all facing the bed. It looked even more creepy now. The chairs shinned in the shadows just like the bed did. But this was worse. Because unlike the bed, these chairs hit a nerve because the moment I saw them, I couldn't look away from the letters each chair's back held.

One chair had bright letters, spelling out the name Albany.

The other chair, in the same manner, had the name Emily spelled.

The third chair however had no name on it. I wasn't sure what that was suppose to mean but I didn't like it.

"We haven't decided on a name yet," I heard a voice come from behind me. Whirling around to where I heard the voice, my eyes instantly met with Clare's. They were bright, shinning with happiness and the need to rub something in my face. Before I could take anymore of her in though, my eyes immediately shifted to the person next to her. Her hand holding Luke's, they stood in the doorway together, facing me. Looking between the two of them there, I started noticing more things. Like the fact that Luke was blindfolded and didn't appear present with how absent his blank face and frozen body were. Like he was Clare's little puppet. I also noticed he was shirtless with nothing but jeans on. Clare also deserved a raised eyebrow from what she was wearing. She was wearing light blue and lacy lingerie, flowing out gracefully until just above her bare thighs.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her, staring between them in such a creepy air. Her eyes were nailed in mine in a way that was beyond eerie. It was scary, the intensity behind that look. Her smile only grew with her teeth showing, white and excited I asked. It made her look that much worse.

"Luke and I... we are going to make a baby together. Tonight. You'll have another brother or sister soon enough."

I could register thoughts or feelings. I just looked at her in shock, unsure of how to take this. "No, not if I can help it," I said.

But before I could try anything, everything shifted. My vision went black and the next thing I knew was that I was sitting in the first chair, the one with my name on it. The worst thing about this was the fact that I was restrained. By what? I didn't know. All I knew was that I couldn't physically get up and move, attack Clare. I was forced to stay where I was, facing the bed. I however was able to notice something else, something beside me. Or rather, someone.

Emily was sitting in the chair besides mine, in the one with her name on it. She looked up to me, her eyes filled with sorrow and fear. I wanted to hug her, help her since she was restrained as I. But I couldn't. I was bound by invisible ropes to the chair and so was she.

"Albany," she said, managing to look up at me. Her big beautiful eyes went for miles, her smooth skin and long hair beautiful shined. She was beautiful. Yet, so sad with a broken voice. "I don't want momma to have another baby. She's going to hurt the baby."