Chapter 15

Chapter 15

After I showered, I was introduced to the next few days of freedom. Well, for me, freedom could mean leaving the house without having to be supervised. But hey, I wasn't limited to just my bedroom anymore. Luke let me do whatever I wanted around the house because he was watching me the whole time. But now, a few days later, I was completely okay. No craving drugs, no pain, no fucking handcuffs.... Yes, that's right. No more handcuffs. He still found a different way to do it though - which was just to lock me in the bathroom from the outside. Which made me panic slightly because I was still trapped; at least it felt so much better than the handcuffs.

Now that my withdrawal stage was over, I have to admit, I felt stronger. Better and more powerful because I didn't have to rely on drugs to help with the stress. So yeah, you can imagine I was a little snippy and nervous now that I was off. But Luke reassured me that feeling would go away and I would get use to the weight of my own feelings.

So, now that I was off the crazy withdrawal stage - and after spending a few days in the house with him just to be safe - today was the first day we were going somewhere. And I was getting excited, if you can believe it. Being in that house... even if Clare wasn't around, the house still had the atmosphere I hated so much.

"So... how much do you plan on getting?" Luke asked me in his new white truck - and not the cop car. Which sucked because there was nothing more badass than going to the mall in a cop car.

I smiled as I looked out the window. Now that he just said that, I was determined to get even more things for myself. "Depends. How much money did you bring?" I asked.

He groaned, glancing over at me and giving me an 'are you serious' look before moving his eyes back to the road. "Not enough for whatever it is you want."

"You have tons of money. Better watch your back. I could steal it all and run," I joked.

He scoffed. "You think you can steal from a cop? And get away with it?"

"Well hell yeah I can!" I said in a light voice and made him laugh. But really, I thought deeply about running away again now that I was completely off the drugs. I wanted to do it. I was so sure that any day now, Clare would get me alone and hurt me badly. But more than that, I wasn't going to be her bitch again, even under Luke's nose. I didn't want to be here. Where everyone knew me, knew me as the psycho bitch and would harass me for it. Don't get me wrong; I didn't let them push me around. But it still sucked ass. Plus, I would have to attend 11th grade with kids I didn't know instead of 12th since I was gone a whole school year. So, that sucked even more ass. And my friends - who would eventually find me... well, lets just say they would not be too happy with me considering I kind of screwed them over. Now, that sucked so much ass, the taste wouldn't be able to leave my mouth.

I wanted to get out of here. Even living elsewhere on the streets was better. Despite the deal Luke made with me - even though he kept Clare away from me - I was still determined to get out of here somehow. After he starts trusting me more and letting me sleep in my bed again alone, I would make my move. To be honest, I didn't like the fact that I would be breaking the deal and run away. I liked Luke and yeah, I guess you could say we are friends in a strange way. But I needed to get out of here more than I needed a friend.

My thoughts snapped back into reality when Luke turned into the parking lot of the mall and pulled into an empty parking spot. When he shut it off and removed the keys, he turned to me with a smile I never saw before and it made me want to laugh. "So... Are you ready to go on a shopping spree, girl? It's going to be just fabulous! We can talk about boys and buy you some new dresses!" He said in a very high and light girlie voice, toying with me. You can only imagine... how I would react to that.