Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"I hate you right now!" I yelled at the ceiling in anger, not wanting to look at him from where he was sitting next to the bed - excuse me, my bed - in a chair throughout most of the day.  He wasn't kidding about keeping an eye on me either.  He hasn't left me alone much besides when I went to the bathroom.  The real ass-kicker of the matter was the fact that the bathroom was the only place I could go without him and there were no windows in there!

"Yeah, yeah, I heard you the first dozen times," he said from where he sat besides my bed, not affected by those words because he I already told him that seemingly countless times.  Laying in bed all day makes me angry especially because of the reason.  All I wanted was some cocaine.  Was that too much to ask for?  I mean, seriously, it didn't seem that bad.  It wasn't like I was asking for a fucking nuclear bomb here.  Just some cocaine, no biggie.  According to him, it was very much a big deal.  Cops are cops, I guess. 

The pill he gave me was wearing off as well and that wasn't helping.  It was getting later in the day and I felt the burning sensation start to rise in me again.  Guess that pill could only hold the fight for a couple hours.  I felt sick all day but now, I felt that feeling growing even more again.  I wanted to get those drugs, any from anywhere, it didn't matter anymore!  It would heal the hole that was burning in my body and it would make me feel better.  Because... oh god, because if I didn't get it soon, I could feel the literal urge to scratch my skin raw of frustration. 

But Luke was here, watching and knowing that soon enough, I wouldn't be able to stand any more and would try to escape.  That was why he wasn't taking any chances.  He sat in that chair all day next to my bed.  It ticked me off, reminding me of someone that couldn't take care of themselves or someone who needed a babysitter.  Though it was a different reason besides just the regular 'keep an eye on her while I'm gone' I still didn't like how weak I was feeling.  Despite the circumstances.  I just wanted control....  And control was something I thrived in since the time I left home to live on the streets.  

Eyebrows dipped low in pain and anger, I kept my eyes nailed to the ceiling, not wanting to look to my side and see him.  His pretty face pissed me off.  So, I was staring at the ceiling, the sweat returning to me even though I wasn't under the covers and the air conditioner was blasting.  I was wearing a pair of shorts and a tank-top to stay as cool as I could, my messy and wavy black hair in it's usual bun.  Yet, I was still starting to sweat.  Yeah, I know.  Very attractive.

"Dude, I need another one of those pills," I groaned up to the ceiling while still laying on my back. 

I heard Luke sigh.  "Dude, I can't give you one," he said, mocking me.

At hearing that, I turned my head to the side to look at him, my cheek pressed against the cover of the bed.  Taking in his figure, slumped and tired in the chair, his eyes were buried in what his hands held before him.  He was glancing through a file and I could only assume it had to do with something concerning his job.  He appeared tired but what else was new?  He hadn't got much sleep since I have been here. 

After he said he called in for work and was staying home to watch me, he changed out of his uniform and back into comfortable clothes.  Instead of a tee-shirt, his upper body supported a white muscle shirt that showed off his muscular shoulders and arms.  He was in jeans again.  At least he looked comfortable.  I was drowning in my own sweat on the other hand.  And where he had entertainment through the form of a file, I had nothing.  Maybe that was better than skimming through a boring file then again....

"Why the hell not?" I asked, mad.  Didn't he know I was suffering right now?

He looked up from where he was looking in the file, blank faced and meeting my eyes with his.  "Forgetting the fact that you hate me, you just took the pill this morning.  You can take it again tonight at seven but not before that.  You can only have one every 12 hours."