Ordinary day

May 29th, 1961

May 29th, 1961

Im awoken by ruckus and banging downstairs. Usually that how I'm woken up in the morning, sadly. I sit up and let the blood rush to my feet and yawn. I stand up before walking into my bathroom.

Most family's of four don't have as many bathrooms as us, usually most have one or two. We have five, one for each person and a guest.

I brush my teeth, and hair; before putting it in to low pig tails. I grab a blue tank top with a butterfly on it, blue jean shorts, and some old yellow converse. Outfit above ^

I run down the stairs and into our large kitchen.

"Careful I washed the floors" Mom says from the dining room with a mop. Sometimes I think it's annoying how my dad makes her do al.ost everything. I guess I get she's a housewife but sometimes she can get tired, so I try to help her out because I know the boys aren't going to.

I walk across the black and white checkered tile and to the cabinet. I grab two pop tarts and put them in the toaster and pulling the little trigger thing, down.

The front door slams startling me and nine teenage boys begin running in trailing mud and bugs, all over the clean floor. My mom sighs and I grab my pop tarts.

"I smell pop tarts" Jordan chirps, "Oh hi y/n"

I nod sitting down at the island.

"Can I?" Jordan asks referring to the pop tarts.

I shrug and take a piece off handing it to him.

"Hmm your nice, I wish my sister was like you" One of his friends say and a few others agreeing.

I smile and look down at my now interesting plate.

"We're going to leave to the diamond" Jordan chirps after grabbing cokes for all of his friends.

"Bring your sister!" My mom yells. "She needs human interaction"

Jordan groans a little but fakes a smile "ok, let's go" he then waits at the door.

"You know your not playing right?" He reassures and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah.." I was never taught to stick up to boys so I just kind of went with it. I wish I could play baseball because I'm really good at it. How do I know? Because I practice, with no one around. If anyone finds out I like baseball, I could only imagine all the people who would make fun of me.

We ride our bikes through the park as it was a shortcut and ride past, what seems to be an old sandlot. There were a couple boys just playing the good ol' game of ball but nothing else.

"Y/n look there's a clothing store. Maybe you should buy a dress like every other girl" Jordans friend jokes earning laughs from the squad.

"Your just mad because I'm more of a man than you" I mutter and one of them hears and smiles a little at me.

"Why did mom make me drag you along anyway? It's not like your gonna play" Jordan states.

"I could" I reply quietly.

"What?" He asks leaning in.

"I could" I repeat louder.

He laughs "please, have you even picked up a baseball"

Probably better than you.

"What did you say to me" he says furious.

"I said that out loud?" I ask scared.

He nods but then breaks a smile "your delusional"

When we get there I just sit in the bleachers reading a book.

"Heads up" boys yell and I look up to see a baseball heading straight for my head.

I stick my hand up and catch it, making a smack noise. I throw it back to them about a hundred yards easily. I simply go back to reading while they continue on. Some dumbfounded, others amazed, but of course they wouldn't admit it! I'm a girl.

I finish my book and sigh looking at my tiny green watch. It's been three hours.

"I'm going for a walk" I scream before running off the field.

I hear a faint "ok" and I run along the sidewalk. The heat begins to hit my skin so if course I get hot. I mean, it's Utah what do you expect? I decided I wanted to get a drink or snack of some sort so I walk down to Vincents drug store.

I walk in taking notice to the eight boys staring at me but brush it off. I grab a coke and place it on the table.

"Here you go" the old man says handing me a few cents in change.

I walk past the creepy teen boys and run down the sidewalk, wanting to get to the diamond as soon as possible.

Once I get there the boys are arguing over something. I stifle a laugh at that and sit back down. I look back down at my watch again, and see it's been another 45 minutes.

I hear rustling in the bushes but think nothing of it. It was windy in Utah today, and there are tons of animals.

Yeah yeah pov

"The diamond?" Benny questions.

"Maybe she's one of those girls who watch" I say trying to lighten the mood.

"She must not know what kind of assholes they are" Kenny mutters and I start to laugh but cover my mouth before anything can happen causing leaves to fall.

"Alright sis, let's go" Phillips says.

Oh god, his sister? I know for a fact every person with the last name Philips is evil. I kind of feel bad now, she had a chance to be really cool but her brother ruined it.

She nods before going and riding off with those other minions of his.

"Sister?" I ask mad.

"She probably evil or something" Ham assumes.

We all agree to him some laughing. I stand up along with the other boys, and we just walk away. Some mad we wasted our time over a girl that's related to our mortal enemy.

You may ask, why do we gate Philips? He kicked Benny off a baseball team that's why. He was mad Benny was the best, and captain so he faked a lie that got him kicked off.

And I've heard things about everyone in that family so I assume she is no different.