Sent by my brother?

If you don't like this outfit idrc :). We are thirteen in the 60s this is how most kids dress. Well, our girl is going to be tomboy when she plays baseball.

June 3rd, 1961

I take a hop in my step as I leave my house.

"Oh hi! How are you?" The same boy from yesterday asks.

I smile at him and nod "pretty good, you?"

He nods "I'm great! I never got your name"

"Y/n and you know my last name" I say in a joking manner.

He laughs and walks to my side "Benjamin Rodriguez, but you can call me Benny" he says.

I nod and keep walking.

"So what got you into baseball?" He asks me.

"Everyo- every boy in my family did it so I just thought why can't I?"

He nods "that's pretty cool kinda breaking the norms like that. Even though Yeah yeah isn't completely sold, everyone else thinks your pretty cool." He explains

"Yeah yeah?" I ask in pure confusion.

"The one who didn't want you to play. It's his nickname" Benny says

"Oh" I say understanding now.

We walk up to Vincents drug store and the boys all greet me.

"Hey how are ya?"

"Didn't think you would come"

"Sup"

"Hi"

All except one. Yeah yeah. What's his problem?

"She's alright" he shrugs before looking away.

He introduces every boy and each of them spit. I shudder thinking about how Benny is pretty much the only sane one here. But boy was I wrong.

"Let's go" Benny says before a pile of complaints come from the boys.

"Well...we don't have all day!" He says protesting their complaints.

We all begin our seven minute walk to the sandlot.

"We haven't even seen her throw!" Yeah yeah says still in denial I'm playing.

"That's actually the best part" I say snidely earning an eye roll from him. And a few smiles from the others.

"Quiet" he shushes me. Some of the boy's eyes go wide but I just leave it. I'm not wasting a breath of air on this sexist weirdo.

"Alright y/n wanna bat or throw?" Benny asks.

I shrug "well you've seen me bat...so throw I guess"

"Alright" he says clapping his hands together and flipping his bat.

"Pfft this is gonna be good" Yeah yeah smirks. I look at him in confusion.

"Cmon let's see it" Kenny says as I was in his position and he wanted to go back to pitcher.

I take a breath and look down at the ball.

"Don't blink" I say to Benny and he looks at me funny. I throw it going straight past him.

"Dang" he mutters.

"Owww" ham says dropping the ball and taking his glove off. His hand was almost purple.

"How?" Benny asks.

"She's got a hell of a throw!" Ham says before collapsing on the ground. "Someone take catcher" he pleads getting up and running to the dugout.

"Holy moly" Kenny mutters.

"Oh yeah!" I remember and all the boys direct their attention to me "strike one" I smirk making Benny laugh.

Timmy goes in as catcher he crouches down, the look of pure terror on his face.

I throw it Benny, missing again. He sighs rolling his wrists around before we hear another cry from Timmy.

"What now?" Benny asks clearly annoyed.

"My hand" he says running away with tears in his eyes.

All the boys just stand silent.

"Maybe I should stop" I say handing the balm to Kenny.

"What did you do? Trying to take out our players huh? We should've known you were sent by your brother!" He screams in my face.

"I didn't do anything." I protest

"Yeah let me see the ball!" He screams taking the ball. He inspects it and nothing! I smirk at him and he huffs.

"Get out!" He screams.

I look at Benny and he walks towards us "shut up yeah yeah!"

"Yeah!" Kenny jumps in "with that attitude you might aswell leave!"

All the boys scream 'yeah' and Yeah yeah looks down then back up at me.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" Before running out.

"I don't know what's gotten into him!" Kenny says putting a hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah he's never like this!" Squints says.

"Hmm. Maybe we should call it man" Kenny tells Benny.

"Why?" He asks

"Well we are now three guys down.." Kenny trails off looking at the two boys with their hands in the cooler.

"Yeah but y/n just got here and we need to set a good example!" He whispers to Kenny but I couldn't here.

"I think we blew that one" Kenny says looking at me.

Benny huffs "fine."

Cheers erupt from the boys. Benny rolls his eyes and wipes his face with his shirt.

"Alright...y/n I'm walking you home" Benny says grabbing his bat.

"That escalated!" I say picking up my glove.

"Yeah yeah is never like this...maybe we should check on him" Benny says.

"We? I'm the reason he left" I state

"Yeah but...if he sees you maybe he'll figure out your not as bad" Benny says nudging me.

"No and that's final" I claim not wanting to get into anything.

"Alright!" He sighs when we get to my house. "I'll tell him you said hi"

"But I didn't"

"We're gonna pretend you did" he smirks before running down the street.

I ship Benny and y/n...even though that's not how it's gonna play out. So basically, Benny and Kenny are going to end up being y/n (your) bestfriends so ya.