Little closer

July 1, 1961

"wait I'm losing.my.breath" I wheeze running.

"Nope I'm almost caught up" Buddy says laughing while chasing me.

Incase your wondering what we're doing. Right now, Phillips is taking a extra lesson working on something related to baseball. Buddy was here taking one just before him and decided to wait for him. Now he was chasing me because I just stole his hat.

I had it on my head backward and Buddy was trying to get it back.

"This.isnt.fair.your.so.much.taller" I say in-between breaths.

"Not my fault your short" he says before grabbing me waist and lifting me up.

I squirm in his grip trying to get out.

"I'll take this! Thank you" he says taking his hat and putting it back on his head.

He hoists me up a little more in his grip as I was slipping down.

"Put me down" I squirm more trying to get him to put me down.

"Never" he laughs now spinning me in a circle.

"I'm gonna become to heavy and your gonna drop me" I state the obvious.

He fake drops me but the holds me up bridal style.

"NOOO" I groan putting me head back in his left arm.

"Yeahh" he mocks me in a girly voice.

He grips my thighs a little more and I pull my head up.

He looks at me for a brief second before I here a gate close.

"Um hello? Let's go moms making dinner" Jordan says.

Buddy's eyes drop down to my lips and back at my eyes and puts me down. Subconsciously I lick my lips as well...I'm not sure why.

Buddy blinks rapidly for a second before catching up with me and Jordan.

We run down the sidewalk before making a shortcut through the backside of the Sandlot.

There was the deserted Sandlot, it looked as if no one had played there in years; except we had played there just yesterday.

We past Vincents drug store where ham and yeah yeah lay in the alley beside it chewing bubble gum.

"Hey guys" I wave running past.

"Hey Y/n" Ham says but yeah yeah just rolls his eyes. Ok then.

We run past the mall where girls from ages 8-20 wait in line for Maybelline's new eye shadow in exclusive colors.

The last interesting thing we run past before arriving just happened to be Wendy peffercorn with loads of shopping bags.

"Hi y/n" she waves from a distance.

"Hi Wendy!" I wave before continuing my run home.

Surprisingly neither Jordan or Buddy said anything about how hot she was. But I'm not complaining.

Once we reach home we engulf the smell of spaghetti, and meatballs.

I sit down in one of the chairs and wait for mom to get here. Jordan and Buddy though, have no hesitation.

After dinner we wash up and sit down on the couch. Me, Buddy in the middle, and Jordan on the far left.

The clock in our living room ticks loud in the silence. Right now, the killer is hiding behind the curtain, but the stupid middle aged woman can't see the very obvious shadow of a machete. The clock strikes 12:00 am and makes a loud dinging noise. All three of us look over at it before hearing a woman's screech on the television.

Buddy hugs me pulling me close to him in fear, or flirt....I'm not sure. The next thing you see is the man swinging the machete at her and the seen cuts. The next seen consisted of her husband walking in on a bloody bathroom. Little did he know he was next.

"Alright that's enough for now" Jordan says turning the television off.

Since we had a huge living room with three couches Jordan went to one on the right side of us while me and Buddy stayed put.

I close my eyes in attempt to fall asleep when I hear whispers.

"Is she asleep?" Jordan whispers.

I can feel Buddy nodding "yeah man she's out". I actually wasnt asleep.

Shortly after, I can hear Jordan's light breathing which signaled he feel asleep. I kept my eyes closed and I felt Buddy shift a little. He pulls me into his lap, which I was fine with. It wasn't the first time I've sat in his lap or anything, but never in this way. He strokes my hair ultimately making me even more tired, I could feel him braiding my hair and hugging me closer to him. Since he was still upright against the couch my head was laying on his chest while I laid in his legs.

He continues this for about another thirty minutes before almost kissing my mouth, but my cheek.

He mutters "goodnight" before knocking out.

What just happened?