put your head on my shoulder

June 13th, 1961

"Wake up Y/n, Jordan! We have to go to Scarlet's play!" Mom screams

Grandma Scarlet is a actor in the local theater. She was an famous actress from the early 1900s to the late 20s. But then quit when she had children. She worked alongside famous actors, most I haven't heard of.

I get up and trudge out of my bedroom. I walk down to my parents room to see my father steaming his shirt down. One of the first times I've seen him in a while.

Here I've got an outfit picked all out for you. She holds a blue dress, a blue silky ribbon for my neck and....ugh heels. Not the comfortable flats with a step, the uncomfortable stiff kind that gives you blisters. They were pretty though...

I take the outfit she had picked out for me and trudged back up the stairs to my room. While walking past the huge clock on the walk I read the time.

5:36 am

Well, I could be dreaming about baseball, fashion, the new Dalmatians movie that I have yet to watch.

I get dressed and step into my bathroom. I brush my hair and puff it out the way my aunt taught me.

I wrap a scarf around my neck and put some makeup on in attempt to cover my missing sleep.

"Hey hurry up guys we still have to pick up Buddy" Mom yells.

Buddy is Philips best friend/ teammate and my whole family is kind of friends with his. So I've known him basically my whole life. His real name isn't buddy it's just a nickname, his real name is Martin but he doesn't like it.

He always took a liking to me. He wasn't rude or disrespectful in any way but he definitely made it obvious.

We drive in the car to Buddy's house and he walks up.

"Hi everyone" he mutters and I scoot over to be in-between each of them.

"Hi y/n" he says blushing.

I nod awkwardly and turn away to look out of Jordans window.

The ride to the theater was only a few minutes and when I got out Buddy stuck his hand out for me which I ignored. He opened the door for me and I said thank you. He sat next to me and as soon as I shivered once he offered his jacket and I declined.

The play was supposed to be four hours long. Goodness if I knew it would have been like this I wouldn't have been so nice about coming.

The part comes when the maiden dances with the Prince and then a kissing part comes in. I awkardly look down at my heels and then when it was over I just sat there for another 30 minutes.

My eyes slowly get heavy and put my head in my hand and close my eyes.

As I was almost asleep I feel someone put my head on their shoulder. I just go with it and fall asleep quickly.

Yeah yeah pov

I sigh as I watch the maiden plead for forgiveness of breaking some vase. This play was pretty stupid even though my mom said it was "enchanting".

"Mom"

"Mom" I whisper and she looks over.

"Can I use the bathroom?" I ask I cant be sitting around in the hell hole any longer.

She nods and I stand up running out of the theater part and to the bathroom. I wander around the place as it was huge. I walk by another theater where a group of woman sang a song in opera. Discusting.

I decide my mom would get worried if I were gone for long so I run back to the theater.

I walk down the stairs in attempt to get to where my mom, dad, aunt, and sister were sitting.

I look around at the seats to spot their faces when I spot another one. Y/n's.

She was asleep on some boys shoulder. He was deep red and was holding her left hand lightly. He was blond and tan almost like me but his hair was alot lighter. He looked as if he surfed every day but he wasn't sunburnt.

I sigh again as now I have to live with the awkardness of y/n being right behind me now. I sit down next to my mom.

"What took you so long?" She asks in a whisper.

"Got lost" I mutter.

I pull my knees up to my chest and watch the rest of the horrid play.

We all stand up and I take this as my opportunity to stretch and look around. Y/n has woken up and was now ignoring that dude from earlier which I thought was pretty funny.

She walks to the front with her family and that kid and talk to this woman. The woman looked identical to her mother and similar to her. She looks around and her eyes land on mine, she waves. But I turn away, God she's so annoying.

I think that she is now friends with Wendy because she knows Squints like her. Then she's probably going to embarrass him or something, very much a Philips thing to do.

Why did Benny even let her play in the first place?

Y

/n pov

Yeah yeah looks away. He still doesn't like me? What did I even do wrong...

I'll have to ask Benny I guess.