First day of school

August 20, 1961

You can just pick one of the three

My alarm goes of and I jolt awake. I hate alarm clocks they always have such a cruel way of waking you up. I guess it's better than Jordan coming in and spraying me with water though.

I get dressed in (whatever outfit you picked) and keep my hair down but put small braids in it. I put on a little blush and red lip gloss then I was ready.

The doorbell rings and Benny, Kenny, Ham and yeah yeah we're there.

"We've been waiting forev-" yeah yeah cuts himself off "I can see why we were waiting"

"Yeah, now let's go" I dismiss his compliment and step down my stairs.

"Like the red" Kenny compliments.

"Thank you!" I say smiling and looking down at my outfit smoothing it out. (All the outfits have red so yeah)

Yeah yeahs pov

She practically dismissed my compliment. But when anyone else says anything she replies? I'm not sure what's going on, but whatever Benny told her must not have been good.

When we arrive to school a couple boys say hi to y/n and a few girls wave to her. I never really noticed her before we found her, but apparently everyone else did. I guess I don't blame them but when we passed Phillip's baseball team, they shared a few looks pointing her out. One of them who I remember from the theater turning red and turning away with a slight grin.

It was as if everyone knew her and loved her. I wonder if the team admires her the way they do.

Passing some classrooms the teachers even noticed her and greeted her. It was as if she were like a main character in a movie.

'If I were in a movie what character would I be?" I think to myself

"Probably the antagonist side character, who dispises the main character" Y/n answers.

"I said that out loud?" I ask them.

They all nod "who would be the main character?" Ham asks.

"Y/n of course. Look, a girl being followed by a group of boys it's pretty obvious" Kenny says.

"And it fits because yeah yeah hates y/n" Bertram says bumping my shoulder and smirking because he know it wasn't true...anymore.

"Gee, thanks" y/n says sarcastically.

"Actually that's not all yeah yeah thinks" Ham mutters and I smack the back of his head. Luckily y/n didn't hear or care.

"My first class is.. English" she sighs sadly looking over her schedule.

I desperately look for my schedule to see if we have to same class because I could have sworn I did. I look over and YES! I have English aswell.

"Me too" I mutter trying to sound kind of upset.

"Atleast I have someone there with me" she smiles which makes me feel good about myself. She said it like she was happy she had a class with me, or maybe just because she knows me. But she knows everyone? Eh, I don't care, I have a class with her.

The bell rings and y/n takes my hand. I feel fireworks explode on my insides. I've never been touched like this by a girl, especially willingly.

She lets go once we arrive a bunch of boys whisper once she walks in.

"Can you sit next to me?" She asks smiling. How could I say no?

"Sure" I agree and we sit together. She pulls out her binder. It had a purple piece of paper in the front pocket which said "English" in black marker.

The same boy from the theater comes and sits down on her right blushing while looking at her.

"Hey buddy" she says without even looking up.

"Hi y/n your looking very nice" he says taking his binder out.

She looks up at him and smiles "you too".

I groan and put my head in my hands. This dude cannot be serious thinking he can just casually flirt with her when she asked if I could sit with her. I mean we are only 12 years old! How can people act so grown up and care about such a thing. Like live your life man, don't worry about girls!

The teacher walks in and unpacks his things. He looked to be around 70 years old, old and frail. He had grayish white hair and was kind of tan. He had cool rings on his finger and a huge cross on his neck

"Hi children, good morning and happy first day" he says, he sounded very Yankee. He was clearly Italian. "My name is Vincent, author, Larusso. But you can call me Mr. Larusso. This is English class but I'm sure you can very well see that. Alright children we are going to start with introductions. I already went so let's go ahead" he says.

When it stops on y/n she stands up like every other kid had. "Hi my name is y/n Phillips." She then went on a to say three facts about herself like the rest of the class has had to do. "My favorite color is y/f/c. My favorite celebraty is Marilyn Monroe and...my favorite sport is baseball." She finishes off.

The girls of the class clap, but the boys? Oh boy, they giggle a little before saying stuff like

"I bet you can't even name a player"

"Can you even throw a baseball?"

"Please, go back to the kitchen"

My blood boiled. She was the best baseball player I've ever seen who's not an adult. Those boys don't even know what's coming.

It may be raining today but on the first sunny day of the year, we'll show them.

I then stand up. "Hi my name is yea- Alan McLennan but you can call me Yeah Yeah. I have three animals. And my favorite sport is baseball aswell." I then sit down.

The rest of the day goes past pretty slow except for lunch and science since I had it with y/n again.

First day was pretty good for me, but y/n seemed bummed.

"What's wrong?" I ask her and she looks up.

"Why does everyone hate me playing baseball?" She asks. I thought of this as my time to be the hero.

"Well, think of them like me. I hated you at first and thought you couldn't play 'till you proved me wrong" I say slinging an arm around her.

She nods "yeah. Thanks!" She smiles a little "we can prove them wrong!" She declares.

"That's the spirit!" I encourage her.

"Thanks yeah yeah!" She says going to her house. "See ya guys!" Then closes the door.

"Wow good job" Benny says impressed.

I forgot I was walking with them in the first place.

"Yeah man, I proud of you!" Kenny says.

"Your a good dude yeah yeah, good dude" Ham says patting my back.

I can't lie, that felt....nice.

OHHHHHH. Its getting cute! This is kind of the turning point when yeah yeah decides not to be an ass 24/7. When he realizes she really feels bad when people are mean to her about the sport.

Good job yeah yeah.